Author Topic: Gun Show Observation  (Read 3797 times)

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
Gun Show Observation
« on: November 02, 2013, 01:07:35 PM »
Went to the gun show last week and a Dealer had all variations of New Boberg's ranging in price from $840 -1140.

No I'm not "one of those guys" pushing that gun on our forum.

Just wanted to make two observations.

I hear how hard those are to get and that they are bringing retail and then some. Yet there were at least 4 different models, some a good bit below retail.

Two, I have only seen 1 Rohrbaugh at a gunshow,and that was the one I dove on in 2006!  1 in 7 yrs, is pretty high demand I'd say!

I'd say Rohrbaugh has nothing to worry about.  8)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 01:09:43 PM by Reinz »
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Re: Gun Show Observation
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 02:17:29 PM »
Reinz

I'm not seeing either the Bobergs or the Rohrbaughs at shows around here.  In fact it's hard to find anyone who knows what they are.

One observation that I have noticed is the large number of new Bobergs on GunBroker with very little buying.  With no more Bobergs than have made, I see it as a bad sign.

Arne says he will have a shooting prototype of his XR45 ready for the SHOT Show which is pretty ambitious for no longer than he has to get it done.  I guess we will see.

Offline MaxBlack

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 06:13:00 PM »
I've never handled a Boberg but love the concept. I think though that if they haven't tried doing this already that they need to partner with some ammo mfrs to assure 100% feeds. Not 99.99% but 100%.

But I root for them like I root for Rohrbaugh; very nice stuff built by hard-working Americans!

8)

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 07:19:41 PM »
I looked into getting a Boberg XR9-S, but eventually I put it in the same category as the Kahr MK9 - a very heavy small pistol.

I wasn't going to be able to carry it in my pocket and I have an HK P7M8 - so I took a pass on it.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 08:45:56 PM »

That sounds like very rational thinking, Count.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 10:56:38 PM »
I have both the XR9S and the L.  Both are like owning a fine watch...well made with evident care in the engineering, just as with the Rohrbaugh and the Seecamp.  The Bb is, as well, a very interesting engineering feat in its own way.  I enjoy shooting both the S and the L at the range.  The L has practically no felt recoil even with +P ammo, and accuracy benefits from the real sights and the longer sight picture even on the "shorty" as compared to the R9.  The other benefits are the extra round in the magazine and the +P capability.  HOWEVER, they are too large for me to use as a pocket pistol, my usual method of carry.  In consequence, in warmer weather I carry the R9 (occasionally a Seecamp).  When cooler weather and appropriate dress permit a larger weapon, I tend to use my Kimber Ultra CDPII .45 which is very little larger and only slightly heavier than the XR9L.  I'll keep both Bobergs as interesting pistols, and will continue to use them at the range, but doubt that either will actually end up as my primary or secondary carry piece.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 11:06:19 AM »
I headed out to a local gun store last weekend.
I walked in and they are either going out of business, or just can't keep anything in stock because the walls were bare.
They had a few lower priced new pistols in the display case and some higher priced used pieces.
 I asked if they knew of the Boberg or the Rohrbaugh, and neither the workers nor the stove huggers have heard.
 I had my R9 in my Hedley front pocket holster and would have loved to show it off, but the mere mention of me displaying it put the employee in a tizzy so someone looked the R9 up on the internet.
This store has been there for many, many years, and has its share of owners.
I had my 380 Seecamp with me also, and they actually heard of and have sold Seecamps.Not bad seeing they are made in their back yard!
I really like my R9, I like to promote it to whomever will listen, but sometimes they have their mind made up on a KelTec.
I do have a Boberg Onyx Shorty on order, I can't say that it will replace the R9, actually I doubt very much that it will, but I will have a few nice small 9mm pistols.