Author Topic: Kahr CW 380... IT'S BACK ALREADY!! 👍 KAHR  (Read 34111 times)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Quite frankly this makes a lot of sense. This is what I will eventually do with it and my other carry guns.

I am at a weird stage of life where I want to become proficient with a sidearm. I have been spending more time and money than I should at the range with attempts to rise to a notch above where I have been and therefore have been shooting a lot.

This however, will not continue for ever. I hope I'm doing more good than harm to my abilities.

The X factor of ammo I am throwing at my pistols is a bit challenging to figure out reliability after the hodge podge, but I understand your point and it is well taken.

Eventually I will settle in on a top gun in 2-3 scenarios and get to a place of where I feel I have achieved a level of competance that will allow me to move on to other things and merely brush up on my skill set (hopefully). But for now I am having some fun punishing these guns and my hands : )
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 07:55:13 AM by JoshA »
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Josh, the truth be known I feel that I am woefully unprepared for any serious confrontation but I really do not expect that to happen.  I avoid areas or situations where trouble could arise.

I have chosen pocket carry and car carry as my two forms of personal protection away from the home. These are at best the most minimal forms in my mind.  Any gun in your pocket is better than none, just as a 380 beats a 32 and a 9mm beats a 380.  I still feel I am not very well protected and I accept that.

I have several friends who have gone through the Front Sight Course in Los Vegas and when they come back, they feel good about carrying a firearm.  If I was more serious about it, I would go also.

What you are doing is probably right for you.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Add another 150 rounds of .380 through the little Kahr again today.

It has strange habits on not locking open on the final round. Very erratic.

It ran the Winchester white box well.

It ran the Remington ok for range ammo.

I didn't run any federal today.

All in all it's pretty solid little gun and I consistently hit pretty well with it.

Best pocket pistol I own at the moment. The solo is too big for my pocket carry requirements and the R9 is awaiting a warranty repair. I don't think I would want to get much larger than this for pocket carry personally.

So this is what I'm toting for pocket carry these days and either the G27 or the sig 224 inside the waist band when I can untuck my shirt, which is usually.

The 224 is quite a bit heavier than I am accustomed to carrying. Not sure it will take the place of my trusty G27.

I do wish that Glock would hurry up with that single stack 9. That's got to be their next big release. I think that may be the end all for as close to carry perfection for this civilian anyway.

Go shoot something. Won't be long and it will be Christmas again and we will all have cabin fever wishing it was nice out so we could go shoot : )
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 09:58:09 PM by JoshA »
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
I see that this month's (July 2014) issue of the American Rifleman has a 2 page write up on the Kahr CW380

As a side note, there was also an article in there about how gun manufacturers are moving South. 

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
The single stack 9mm Glock is going to be bigger than the Kimber Solo.

IMO, the single stack 9mm Glock is going to join an already crowded field of the larger "pocket" pistols like the Kel Tec PF-11, Diamondback DB9, Kahr PM9 / CM9, and SIG SAUER P938.

Not that that it won't do well - I'm sure it will, but I don't see it filling a niche that hasn't already been covered years ago by other pistol makers.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Personal opinion here, but if it says and functions Glock then it will sell HUGE. I think it could be the same size as the shield or XDS and do wonderfully. For those who believe in a Glock, to be able to carry 7-8 rounds in a more streamline fashion (than the 19 or 26) with arguably the most popular/dependable brand (I said arguably) I think it's a no brainer. Obviously a lot of other people do too.

This is obviously not a site where people get overly exstatic over black, ugly, polymar pistols that run like a beast day and night without so much as a cleaning (rightfully so I might add), but I can see why the Glock is so popular. It delivers on its rep and those that trust their lives to them in their workplace don't seem to complain too much. At least not that I've heard or read.

Enlighten me if I'm mistaken.

That all being the case, you are right. It will hit the cases right next to a lot of other small-mid sized handguns and won't be anything really new to its size and class. Just another totally reliable, relatively inexpensive gun that shoot pretty well all the time.

We sure are spoiled in America in the year 2014. I wouldn't trade places with the pharaoh of Egypt of its most powerful day to be honest with ya. Who would?

Pharaoh: hey want all of this power and wealth?

Me: nah, I've got pretty much everything I want really.

Pharaoh: how about all of this good and jewels? Think of what you can buy!

Me: hmmm, where's the apples from michigan? The oranges from Florida, the mangos from Brazil, the peaches from Georgia? Besides that you don't even have a good pizza joint.

Pharaoh: well think of all of the people you can have stand around you and fan you all day long.

Me: lol. Hey dude I happen to have this thing called air conditioning. Wherever I am we can control the temperature so that you aren't too hot or too cold. Wow. Fans, really?

Pharaoh: Well we can ride around in these awesome chariots.

Me: ok check this Pharohstino. We have these metal tubes we sit (yes I said sit) in and we push a pedal and they go faster and in order to stop them we press the brake. Smooth, safe and gentle. We can go a hundred miles in an hour and a half for the value of 2 hours worth of wages of a man in poverty here ($20). Quiet. Controlled climate. Clean. Dry. Dust free. Music at the touch of a button. Radio. GPS. Telephone.  On and on the list grows.

We could go into the luxury. We could go into the medical advances. We could go into the freedom from the need of slaves. We could go into the freedom from fears of war or crime due to an awesome invention of a handgun.

We could go into religious freedom.

we have a lot more to be thankful for than to worry about!

God has been good to us all here in the USA.

Too many guns is my problem??!!?? Wow. We are spoiled.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 12:42:38 AM by JoshA »

John Stuart Mill

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
I would have to concur with Josh and Count that the Glock single stack 9 will be a huge success after seeing how well the Mod 42 has sold.  Like the Count, I probably will not be interested as I already have that type pistol covered by other brands that I am completely satisfied with.  I would bet that it will be larger than the PM9.

On this board and the Seecamp Forum the regulars are very concerned about "size" as that is what has attracted them to these pistols and I will have to say that I also was caught up in that way of thinking for awhile.  A lot of range work has proven, at least to me, that smaller is not always better when it comes to protection.

I believe that the vast majority of shooters out there are not nearly as size conscious as we are here and the Glock 42 and the XDs successes have proven that to me.  At the time of the XDs recall, they had already sold nearly 250,000 pistols while it took Rohrbaugh 10 years to sell 6,500.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Those numbers are staggering MRC!

I personally like having the option of pocket carry. It's great when the shirt is tucked in and you don't have a jacket on.

However there are drawbacks with it such as:

1) it feels worse than a michigan bank roll in your pocket
2) oftentimes a terrible print which makes me think I'm telling the world I'm carrying depending on the pants I'm wearing
3) slow draw speeds
4) potentially more hazardous draw style
5) limitation of functionality of the weapon due to the small size. Among the functionality issues I would say
A) reduced site pic
B) reduced durability
C) reduced accuracy
D) reduced mag cap
E) reduced reliability
F) reduction in barrel length/velocity
G) I probably missed a few
6) reduction in caliber

These are all duh's. We know them but I personally have justified them all under the guise of "well at least I always have a pistol with me" which is a good choice IF A GOOD HOLSTER RIG WONT WORK FOR ME.

A good IWB FOR ME is
1) more comfortable
2) more concealable
3) quicker into action
4) safer IMO
5) allows me to carry any caliber I would want
6) allows me to carry the most reliable pistols I know of

So I still pocket carry 1 in 7 days, but it's not what I term ideal.

I know others dress in a way that they feel like it's the best option. I get that too, but it is at a sacrifice of what you can/can't pack.

John Stuart Mill

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
I pocket carry spring, summer, and fall and 90% of the time in the winter.  I just like it.  My Boberg XR45s is due in next week and that probably will not work in my pocket so I will probably go to IWB but first I will need to see if I like the pistol.

A funny thing about the XDs recall.  A friend of mine sent both a 9mm and a 45 acp in the same day.  He called to see if they received them and the lady who answered the CS line told him "probably, we received 8000 guns yesterday".

I think that the XDs was only for sale about 12 to 18 months before the recall also.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 10:44:13 AM by MRC »

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
I'm sure the Glock slim 9 will sell well.

There are people out there who treat Glocks like Pokemon - "gotta collect em all"

If Glock made Glock brand gun cleaner, and Glock brand gun lube - they'd make millions. I don't know why they haven't thought of it...

If Glock made toothpaste they'd make money on it because the Glock fan boys would rush out and buy it and post YouTube videos of themselves brushing their teeth with Glock toothpaste.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master

I haven't seen anything on a single stack 9mm Glock except vague rumors. Have you heard anything official?

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
I pocket carry spring, summer, and fall and 90% of the time in the winter.  I just like it.  My Boberg XR45s is due in next week and that probably will not work in my pocket so I will probably go to IWB but first I will need to see if I like the pistol.

Well there ya go. I am speaking from a 5'7" 200 lb, in casual work attire standpoint.

I'm sure the larger a man is the easier it would be for him to pocket carry.

The different pants make for better pocket carry.

A lower crime rate environment would make one more prepared with less gun for pocket carry.

The solo is a fine gun for self defense, but not gonna work in my pocket. I like it in a IWB.

I guess to each his own is the best motto : )

John Stuart Mill

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master

If Glock made toothpaste they'd make money on it because the Glock fan boys would rush out and buy it and post YouTube videos of themselves brushing their teeth with Glock toothpaste.
[/quote]

Lol! That's a good one. How about toilet paper? I think it would sell.

They make a great product, but I've not made it to fan boy status yet. Just like what they do.

John Stuart Mill

Offline MRC

• Grand Master

I haven't seen anything on a single stack 9mm Glock except vague rumors. Have you heard anything official?

Only rumors and nothing much since the SHOT Show.  Back then the rumor was 9 to 10 months.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master

Well there ya go. I am speaking from a 5'7" 200 lb, in casual work attire standpoint.

I'm sure the larger a man is the easier it would be for him to pocket carry.

The different pants make for better pocket carry.

A lower crime rate environment would make one more prepared with less gun for pocket carry.

The solo is a fine gun for self defense, but not gonna work in my pocket. I like it in a IWB.

I guess to each his own is the best motto : )

Josh  -  I have pocket carried both a PM9 and a Boberg XR9s and they are both harder to conceal than a Solo.  At first they feel large but I just put them in my pocket and the second day I don't even know they are there'

I am 65 and believe me there aren't any female crotch watchers checking me out, so no one even notices in my opinion