Author Topic: newest of the newbies  (Read 1736 times)

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
newest of the newbies
« on: October 14, 2009, 12:34:36 PM »
Hello all, As the subject title says I've gotta be the greenest gourd in the field. As of this point in time I have never even seen a Rohrbaugh pistol much less shot one! I mostly used you guys while I was talking myself into one.Thanks to all of you! The Forum such a unique experience, almost like getting an extended family along with the gun. Anyway,I talked myself into getting one and ordered a .380 from Tom Watson who was wonderful to deal with! Good price and Tom didn't mind my dumb questions or my tugging on His sleeve whining "are we there yet" or if He did He hid it well. Anyway the .380 should be here early next week.  Gene Birdwell
birdman

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
Re: newest of the newbies
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 01:06:14 PM »
Good deal!...welcome to the board. And yes, this board is a wealth of knowledge and appears to be a "gentlemens club" of ethics and morals not to be surpassed....I don't know how I got in...

Just make sure you save up for the 9mm and the 45 cal coming out so you can have a Rohrbaugh family you can call your own.

DISCLAIMER The above post is not to be taken lightly nor seriously. Any readers "interpretation" of the post was purely intentional

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 01:06:17 PM »
Gene, thanks very much for your business and I'm boxing it up now to ship it to your local dealer. You'll love it as it keeps you safe.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 04:40:46 PM »
Gene.  Welcome to the forum.  You will, indeed, enjoy the little jewel of a gun; spectacular piece.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tquieng

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 05:17:42 PM »
should have gotten the 9mm one since I can''t find any 380 ammo and they are a lot more expensive to shoot---a box of federal hydra 20 round cost me $30.

Offline Quiet1

• Expert
  • Zen and the art of R9s
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 05:40:18 PM »
Welcome aboard Gene.  Excellent choice!  I KNOW that you'll enjoy your new pistol.  Easy to carry and that .380 should be a really sweet shooter.  

Don't forget to give us your "Range Report" after you've had it to the range.

Regards, Quiet1
Illegitimus Non Carborundum

Offline Quiet1

• Expert
  • Zen and the art of R9s
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 05:49:39 PM »
- - - Snip - - - And yes, this board is a wealth of knowledge and appears to be a "gentlemens club" of ethics and morals not to be surpassed....I don't know how I got in...
- - - Snip - - -  

Or, as, Groucho Marx famously quipped (paraphrased?)" I don't want to be a member of any club that would let me in".  ;D
Illegitimus Non Carborundum

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 09:02:42 PM »
 Gene, welcome to the group, you made a good choice in the Rohrbaugh. Ammo is hard to come by and a little pricey, but I did find some .380 WWB at my local Walley-World a couple of days ago, $35/100.
John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline BytorJr

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 09:31:27 PM »
Welcome Gene!!!

Good man buying from Tom.  Had I not stumbled across a stealth with a few extras (and only 25 rounds shot) I would have gotten Tom to get me one.  Tom's helped me on my Seecamp issue - good man he is.

I'm sure you're going to like the 380.  The 9 is awesome, so the 380 will be great too with lower recoil.

As for ammo A$35 for 100 sounds steep until you realize that 9mm is about $24-25 for 100 and 45 is about $22 for 50 now days.