Author Topic: New Grip Extension  (Read 8048 times)

Offline FireBreather01

• Expert
New Grip Extension
« on: February 15, 2005, 12:47:46 AM »
I modified some Pearce extensions to fit my R9 and I'm happy with the initial result. I have hand cycled rounds through the pistol without any trouble. I'll shoot it this coming weekend and let you all know how (if!) it works.

We'll see what happens on Saturday!!!

Attitude is Everything
NRA Lifer, Instructor

Offline FireBreather01

• Expert
Re: New Grip Extension
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2005, 05:51:28 PM »
Just got back from the range and cycled about 40 rounds through this modified mag w/ extension and it held up beautifully. The mag seated fine, didn't work itself loose or show any signs of coming apart. And it did help me control this little 'firebreather' better than naked mags. My hands are large and I can't even get my ring finger to fully wrap around the grip, much less my small finger so it was a big help - it kept me on target out to 25 yards so I was pleased.

One more thing - damn! - this is a great little gun! This was my first extended range experience, apart from my first get-acquainted session. My shots at 40' were all well within 8", and at 25 yards I couldn't believe I was within 12" on all of my shots. Next time, I'll slow down, take my time and see what she's really capable of. This R9S is just an amazing pocket-full!!!
Attitude is Everything
NRA Lifer, Instructor

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2005, 10:01:49 PM »
You must be farsighted; you shoot better at longer
ranges. Both results far better than acceptable.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2005, 03:21:57 PM »
Fire, Eric just sent me a mag like yours in the picture. Seems the bros., have just done that. It was shown at the Shot Show. I believe, one can just order one from Rohrbaugh.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline FireBreather01

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2005, 11:11:37 PM »
I knew they were going to do something in that regard but I thought later, much later, rather than sooner. Oh well, story of my life - a day late and a dollar short!!! Now I have my own home-made ones - they seem to be holding up rather well. I will check into it with Rohrbaugh though.
Attitude is Everything
NRA Lifer, Instructor

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2005, 07:09:10 PM »
Fire, Sometimes you get so far back that you feel that you are out in front!!   Tom

Offline TW

• Grand Master
New Grip Extension
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2005, 06:41:57 PM »
>>Firebreath...

Regarding the Pearce grip extension you modified for your R9 - what gun/model was that Pearce piece originally intended for...?...thanks...!  Great idea, BTW - regardless of who thought about it first...!  Thanks for sharing, guys...!!...TW<<

Offline FireBreather01

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2005, 03:25:21 AM »
Except for the home 'smithed cut-out for the R9 mag catch, the Pearce Grip Extension for the Kahr MK9/K9/K40 fits perfectly.
Attitude is Everything
NRA Lifer, Instructor

Offline TW

• Grand Master
New Grip Extension
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2005, 03:32:42 PM »
>>Thanks Fire-B...!...

That was my best guess from looking at the Pearce website but I got confused when Eric told me the extension was for a "Kahr PM9".  Obviously I am not familiar with Kahr products and designations...so today, thanks to you, I am just a weee bit smarter...lol...!...TW<<

Offline dfsutton

• Sharpshooter
  • US Veteran
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2005, 12:22:20 AM »
I checked out he Rohrbaugh site, and I only see the basic magazine for sale. Are we sure that Rohrbaugh makes a grip extension version?
"All that is thought should not be said, all that is said should not be written, all that is written should not be published, all that is published should not be read."

- Rabbi Menachem Morgenstern

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2005, 12:35:31 AM »
DF - welcome! :)

Rohrbaugh themselves do not make any mag' extension.  FB modified his to add Pearce items... see first and original post.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2005, 01:33:08 PM »
DF&Chris, I have a mag with an extension, that came from Rohrbaugh. So, I 'm sure that Rohrbaugh is working on selling them in the future. Down the road, Rohrbaugh will most likely list same on  their web site. Please review this thread as it will reveal the source of the extension.  Tom

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2005, 01:36:24 PM »
Ooops - thx Tom - I was goin' astray!!  Just had in mind the Pearce ones.  I forgot to ask Eric about that when we met yesterday - thx for straightening me out! :P
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2005, 01:50:02 PM »
Chris, It is sooooo hard to remember everything!  It appears that R bros are working on this. But with trying to catch up on orders, I'm sure it will be awhile.   Regards, Tom

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2005, 11:03:40 AM »
I certainly would buy one from the factory.

Bill