Author Topic: VZ Grips great customer service!  (Read 4165 times)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
VZ Grips great customer service!
« on: June 25, 2012, 03:24:38 PM »
I emailed VZ Saturday about my R9 having a problem with trigger reset due to the spring under the right grip not being sufficiently held down by the grip (there is a suggestion that the use of tiny O-rings to hold the grip screws contributed in my case, but clearly not in many other users on the forum).  Early this a.m. John VanZyck of VZ emailed back and is having a new set sent to me with an envelope to return the old.  I would frankly have been happy to modify the grips myself if necessary because they add so much to the form and function of the pistol, but the superb customer service from John's company is really impressive.  Gotta love gun people...they want to get it right no matter what...a good trait when a life may depend on the item working flawlessly. 
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: VZ Grips great customer service!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 07:23:10 PM »
Superb grips! Superb customer service!
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 07:52:14 PM »
Excellent customer service!

Offline billib

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 04:03:08 AM »
Its nice to see that their are some
companies (owners) that still care
about customer service. I  LOVE
my VZ grips BTW. I'm glad this
Forum suggested them.

In a related matter, I had the pleasure
of speaking with Maria Ayala from
Rohrbaugh Firearms about a small
problem I had with one of my PUP's
magazines. I lost the Retainer Plate
(my fault) and she had a replacement
sent.......NO CHARGE. How can you
not love a company with customer
service like that?

I was a retail manager for over 20 years
and the way VZ and Rohrbaugh are doing
business was SOP for most businesses.
Sadly, no more. Its good to see a few
still do.

Offline Ljutic

• Master
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 12:04:52 PM »
I bought my R9 VZs as soon as they came out, but they've been sitting for many months waiting to be installed.  I had swapped the stock bright grip screws for replacement black screws and must have overdone the locktite and they were not going to budge.  Finally got the R9 out to the range again this weekend and shot it hot.  Brought my wrench with me and got all 4 grip screws loose in no time. 

Finally installed the VZ Checkered G10s  and really like the feel.  I think they will be a welcome addition.  I did wonder if anyone has contoured the area ahead of the front grip screw to be more like the Hogue factory grips or even the VZ Carbon Fiber grips.

I have VZs on many full size guns.  They ain't cheap, but they are very nice.  I guess I'm VZ brand loyal.  I had a similar customer service story when my R9 grips arrived without the screws.  One simple call and they were on the way along with a sincere apology for the accidental omission when the grips shipped. 
Owner of, and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear Blog.  http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com