Author Topic: Grips - Rubber!    (Read 17977 times)

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
Re: Grips - Rubber!  
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2010, 11:06:24 PM »
   Tracker, thank you for letting me Know about Bearcoat, I had never heard of them. If the Defender comes back looking like I expect it to then Bearcoat will get all my business! They have a special going on now, most guns are being done for $250. Does anyone know which method the refinishing company uses to return the gun? The reason I'm asking is because they only charged my debit card $257, I don't know of any company that would transport a pistol from Colorado to Washington st for seven bucks. However, B-coat told me that the work on the Colt would cost $250 which only leaves seven bucks for shipping. Maybe I'll find out tomorrow. Don't touch that dial!     Gene
birdman

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2010, 08:18:39 AM »
That is amazing service at Bearcoat. It makes me want to go through my safe to see if I have anything needing their attention.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2010, 02:32:25 PM »
     I really owe JHawk an apology for hijacking his thread. I never suspected that when I mentioned Esmeralda's grips that I was opening the floodgates. Like Topsy, it "just grew".  Again, sorry JHawk.     Gene
birdman

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2010, 01:29:41 PM »
Great Bearcoat service, there, Gene.  You may have got them a bunch of new business.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2010, 05:33:05 PM »
   Acting on another of Tracker's excellent suggestions, I called Bearcoat and had them wait 'til tuesday to ship the gun back to me. It's only two more days, and I won't have the gun lying around all weekend at the terminal. It would probably have been alright but, like the guy say's "it ain't paranoia if it's true"'. In any case the story will resume in a couple days. Will Sam and Esme be reunited?,can hot, passionate young grips find happiness with an older gun? Stay tuned for the next episode. Now everyone go buy some soap.  Gene
birdman

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2010, 05:48:39 PM »
All these episodes are good.  Makes life more interesting.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2010, 06:08:31 PM »

Eager anticipation makes the world turn but that's another story.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2010, 06:21:22 PM »
I do like it, though, when a plan comes together.

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2010, 07:11:33 PM »
     With all the excitement around my place about the new baby, I almost forgot about the Colt away at finishing school. I had an email from Bearcoat yesterday afternoon, saying that the gun was finished (or refinished ;D) and on it's way home. To arrive tomorrow at whatever time Fedex shows at my place. Although the baby news was very much the top story, I'm very anxious to see how the Colt turns out. Can't wait to see how this story ends. Can this May-December romance last? Kinda tugs at your heart strings. But, we'll know tomorrow, so stay tuned to the Sam and Esme story, as the saga continues.    Gene
birdman

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2010, 07:33:06 PM »

Two blessed events in one week is a hard act to follow. Next week is at risk of being highly anticlimactic but at least you have enough to treasure for a while.  

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2010, 09:19:08 PM »
Gene,
   You must be living right and your stars are aligned.
WOW your first grandchild from a 40yr old mom is excellent and getting a refinished Colt back pales in comparison but is very good news.
  Again Congratulations on making Gradpa.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2010, 07:43:41 PM »
    Well the Colt arrived home on the noon stage, and it looks WONDERFUL!!. Another thing I like about Bearcoat is that they do their shipping with Fedex. The gun, as I said, looks brand new. It's stainless and always felt "rough"when I would rack it or even inserting or removing a magazine. Now everything just seems to glide. The gun was in good shape before, but had several dings and scratchs. The worst was where the slide release dragged when you released the slide. All of these imperfections are gone. The matte black is perfect, and looks so much better than it did in stainless. Esme is ecstatic! the grips are fairly light colored and show up much better with the darker finish than they did with the stainless. I will get pictures tomorrow, I promise. Meanwhile, true love has triumphed, happiness ever after, and various other soap opera cliches are appropriate. I'll wind this up tomorrow.    Gene
birdman

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2010, 07:49:52 PM »

Fantastic, Gene! What a wonderful exciting week you have had and so glad to hear it.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2010, 07:54:26 PM »
It's good to see good things happen to good people!
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2010, 08:17:42 PM »
Gene.  Congrats on getting the Colt back.  Great story.  Excellent.