Author Topic: Clip-on belt holster?  (Read 21295 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Clip-on belt holster?
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2010, 09:37:12 AM »
I see what you mean on the retention strap.  Hope Robert can make the change.  I'm going to see if he can make one of these for the Seecamp.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2010, 09:58:36 AM »
Maybe instead of the strap a tensioning screw that could be tightened in the event the fit loosened.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2010, 10:15:28 AM »
Just talked to Robert and he's going to make a cross draw for the Seecamp.  I had him make it with the retention strap, as is, on Dan's;  fully lined, with full stitching, black; ten to twelve week lead time.

I had to wait for a train at a railroad crossing, in the middle of nowhere, the other day, and thought I better pull the Seecamp out of my pocket for safety reasons; couldn't get it out of the pocket.

I think this will solve that situation.  
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 11:26:25 AM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline DanR9SF

• Expert
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2010, 11:00:45 AM »
I'm going to keep the retention strap as-is.  I talked with Robert and the strap "under" the gun is the only way to retain the gun in the holster, at least with a strap.  If he were to run the strap around the back of the gun it really wouldn't hold the gun in the holster, it would allow the gun to tip down and go around the strap especially as the holster loosened-up with use.  

Robert said he had actually made a holster with a retention strap around the back of the gun (for a Seacamp), and indeed the owner reported that the gun could be rocked down and pulled out of the holster with the strap in-place and secured with the snap.  Not good.

So for now I'll keep the holster as-is and practice using that thumb break.   A tensioning screw might be the way to go.

Robert is going to call this holster the "Dan The Man" holster!  That's a good thing if you ask me!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 12:43:58 PM by DaninVA »
R9S and R9SF - Not For Sale

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2010, 11:15:49 AM »
A good thing, indeed.  Good name for the holster.   I had to describe the holster for him when I inquired, but he quickly knew what I was referring.  He also described to me the problem of moving the retention strap; so I'll work with it as well.

Thanks for posting this.  I knew I wanted one, now I know I need one!  

Offline robertmeco

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2010, 08:45:06 PM »

I like it too.  I have XXXL hands so for me the thumb break is in the wrong position.  The retention strap needs to go around the back of the gun not "under" it.  I've contacted Robert to see about making that change.  To be honest, the fit of the R9 is good and tight so that strap may not be needed.  But in my experience holsters loosen up a bit, and it IS at a 75 degree angle.  

I'd hate for the R9 to fall out and onto the ground.  Could be an uncomfortable situation.

If I put hte strap on the end of the slide ( due to the angle of the slide) the gun will come out from under the strap with it snaped. I have tried this before.
robertmeco

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2010, 09:04:15 PM »
Thats a mighty fine looking holster but that really don't suprize me cause Robert don't make no junk!  ;D  I might have to get on that 10-12 week wait list in a day or too.  ;)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2010, 09:42:31 PM »
"Dan the Man" is good, I was thinking the Virginia Cross Draw.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DanR9SF

• Expert
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2010, 09:46:07 PM »
That actually sounds better.  Dan The Man is a silly name for a holster.  But hey, with residuals expected to be in the neighborhood of $50,000 a year for at least 10 years... I'm OK with it.
R9S and R9SF - Not For Sale

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2010, 09:47:28 PM »
I go with "Dan the Man".  More personal!      ;D
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 09:49:35 PM by kjtrains »

Offline Chinook

• Expert
  • NRA Endowment Life Member
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2010, 04:34:23 PM »
Has anyone contacted Robert Meco lately?  I've sent him 2 emails in the last 3 weeks and he has not replied to either.  Hopefully, he's just on vacation (but really, vacation without his laptop?????).
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."   Ben Franklin

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2010, 04:44:21 PM »
I talked to him on the phone on 4/22/10 per post above and put in an order for a cross draw holster.   Give him a call on his phone.  He gave me a wait time of 10 to 12 weeks.

Offline Rich_G

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2010, 10:18:16 PM »
I recieved an e-mail from Robert on 5-4-10  ;D
Smith & Wesson: The original point and click interface.

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2010, 10:59:23 PM »
I just told him your trying to get intouch.

Offline Chinook

• Expert
  • NRA Endowment Life Member
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2010, 03:16:35 AM »
I did get hold of Robert; thanks!  One question about the retention strap: How about putting the snap on the right side of the holster body with a longer, one-piece strap instead of having the snap in the middle of a two-piece strap?

I'll be calling Robert on Monday to place an order..

Thanks again!
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."   Ben Franklin