Author Topic: Recluse holster  (Read 18376 times)

Offline Dire_Straits

• Sharpshooter
Recluse holster
« on: June 04, 2011, 12:32:18 AM »
Is anyone using a Recluse holster for their PUP? I'm interested in the holster found at the link below, but would like some input first.

http://www.recluseholster.com/product.php?id=17e
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, said the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. Revelation 1:8

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: Recluse holster
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 01:01:16 AM »
I had one and it works as advertised but I'm just too old school and like a traditional style holster. :D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 05:30:30 AM »
I'm afraid I may be a little too old school myself.

I would have have to do a test drive before I considered.  And not one of those that were a PITA, where I had to do mail in's.  More like in at a gun retailer's.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Prescottian

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 12:06:15 PM »
I've had one for about a year. It works as advertised. I also have a Desantis "Superfly" but mostly use it without the removable panel which masks the shape. For both the Desantis and the Recluse I prefer to be able to grasp the gun butt directly without first having to slide my fingers between the panel and the gun.
I haven't found the unmasked gun shape to be a problem, but then again, I haven't had anybody do anything to make me think they noticed that I was "packing". Concealed carry without a permit is legal here in Arizona, so the police have no reason to investigate to see if I have a CCW permit if they do notice a gun-like object in my pocket. (I remember the startled look on a Maricopa County Courthouse security guard when I informed him as I entered the courthouse that I was carring a concealed weapon, and proceded to remove the Rohrbaugh plus HBE holster -no masking panel- from my chinos. Guess he didn't expect a "white-hair" to be armed, and he certainly hadn't "made" my gun.)
That said, I do carry in the Recluse some of the time. Its a matter of what fits best in the particular pocket.

Offline Recluse

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 07:36:40 PM »
Hey, Dire Straights-

If you want to try a Recluse holster, we will be happy to take it back if you're not happy, and give a full refund.

I'll even cover the shipping.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 07:36:58 PM by Recluse »

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 09:56:49 PM »
Heck of a deal!

Can't beat that Pepsi Challenge.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 09:57:07 PM by Reinz »
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 09:59:16 PM »
Excellent deal, DS.  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 11:48:43 PM »
It don't get any better than that, now if all manufactures would make that same offer it would be a wonderful world. ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Joe_from_NY

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 12:17:33 AM »
Hey, Dire Straights-

If you want to try a Recluse holster, we will be happy to take it back if you're not happy, and give a full refund.

Man, you can't beat that arrangement for peace of mind. Excellent policy.

P.S. Recluse- did you guys ever fix all those spelling errors on your site?

Offline Recluse

• Expert
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 01:25:28 AM »

P.S. Recluse- did you guys ever fix all those spelling errors on your site?

The website has been going through some major changes lately, which will end up with far easier navigation.

The biggest change is being able to click "Rohrbaugh" and instantly finding what is avalable instead of scrolling through a "products" page that was getting pretty unwieldy.

Changes are still in progress, and I haven't done any proofreading yet.  We'll get there.....

Joe_from_NY

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 12:09:04 PM »

The website has been going through some major changes lately, which will end up with far easier navigation.

The biggest change is being able to click "Rohrbaugh" and instantly finding what is avalable instead of scrolling through a "products" page that was getting pretty unwieldy.

Changes are still in progress, and I haven't done any proofreading yet.  We'll get there.....

'cause i was going to say find a new web design company, they look like they weren't on top of their game.

Offline Recluse

• Expert
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 06:33:43 PM »

'cause i was going to say find a new web design company, they look like they weren't on top of their game.

I really like our web guy.  Pretty young guy who took a chance and started out on his own a couple years ago.  Pretty gutsy move when you have a cute wife and new baby to feed.  

His business has grown to where he was recently agonizing over whether to hire an employee to help lighten the load (he did).  At times he has been slow to respond, but that bothers him greatly, as he wants to offer excellent service.  

After he is done with the site's new architecture, we will have the ability to go in and make whatever edits are needed.

Joe_from_NY

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2011, 10:03:06 PM »
All he has to do is copy and paste the text of each page into Microsoft word before he uploads it. It will show him all the spelling errors. There was at least one on every page.
I guess being one of the first customers of a new business could pay off when they really take off. You could always remind them that you stuck in there with them from the beginning.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 10:40:38 PM by Joe_from_NY »

Offline Dire_Straits

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2011, 08:12:42 AM »
Hey, Dire Straights-

I've already placed my order, but I will take you up on your offer.

After I receive it and use it for awhile, I'd be happy to write a review and post it on the forum.

Thanks.
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, said the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. Revelation 1:8

Offline Dire_Straits

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2011, 11:21:51 AM »
Hey, Dire Straights-

PM sent; I will be exchanging the front pocket holster for a Solo.

Please see PM for details.

Thanks.