Author Topic: Richard S: How are you doing?  (Read 8314 times)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Richard S: How are you doing?
« on: February 16, 2018, 11:52:22 AM »
It has been awhile since we heard from our good friend Richard S. I hope that he is healing well. Grief takes much longer to heal than surgery. Has anyone heard from him? Hopefully, he'll read this and give us all an update on himself. He has been missed. Maybe now that the original flavor of this fine Forum has returned, Richard will also.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
Re: Richard S: How are you doing?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 03:12:03 PM »
He is around as he made a post here just last month.   I remembered seeing it, but had to go back and find it.

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=9038.msg94287#msg94287

He was a regular when I was lurking (pre-pup purchase) as well as when I became a member and owner.  I miss seeing him around...
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 03:19:19 PM by wildmanwill »

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 03:46:54 PM »

Richard is a good friend whom I regret never yet meeting in person.  I hope he is well.

-Duane

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 04:02:40 PM »
I just talked to him and he will probably reemerge here in the near future.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 10:03:38 AM »
Richard and I stay in touch....he’s still healing but strong.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Richard S: How are you doing?
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 11:08:27 AM »
Richard and I stay in touch....he’s still healing but strong.

My dear friends, I was deeply touched to find this thread. Thank you for your concern.

In a few days it will be two years since my beloved Joyce died due to complications from what was to have been a routine out-patient surgical procedure but one that went horribly wrong.  Since then I have been living more or less as a recluse here in the mountain cabin I call “Critter Creek.”

I am slowly emerging from self-imposed isolation. One thing I have learned is that the stages of profound grief are not linear.

I still use my venerable and highly valued R9 132 in its Hedley holster for EDC. It sports a set of black carbon fiber grips initialed on the underside by Eric and is fed a diet of 24-grain JHP Gold Dots.

I have a lot of catching up to do on the Forum, but to all of my friends here, thank you. “I’m back.”

R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 11:11:22 AM by Richard S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline CaptBW

• Master
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 11:21:49 AM »
All the best to you, Richard.
ACTA NON VERBA

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2018, 11:28:52 AM »
Great to have you back!!!
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2018, 02:26:05 PM »
What a welcome change of tone on the forum this week that just happened to coincide with Richard's return.

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2018, 07:08:18 PM »
Welcome back!

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2018, 07:10:48 PM »
If I get time off from my new ventures Richard, I would love to come by and stay for a few days again if my upstairs flat is ready for me.  lol.

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2018, 07:38:09 PM »
If I get time off from my new ventures Richard, I would love to come by and stay for a few days again if my upstairs flat is ready for me.  lol.

Eric R.
Eric, you and your magnificent motorcycle are always welcome here at Critter Creek.

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2018, 07:43:13 PM »

Richard is a good friend whom I regret never yet meeting in person.  I hope he is well.

-Duane
Thank you, Duane. The last trip Joyce and I made was to take a cruise ship out of Tampa. Our flight was delayed and we barely made it to the  ship before it left the dock. I wish there had been time to swing by to see you. I know you would have enjoyed meeting my beautiful little Tennessee Judge.

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2018, 07:49:25 PM »
I just talked to him and he will probably reemerge here in the near future.
Thank you, Tracker. I was thinking of you as I watched this year’s Army-Navy game.  And I was turning blue holding my breath at the end. Navy’s place kicker would have made that last-minute field goal in better weather.

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2018, 07:54:00 PM »
It has been awhile since we heard from our good friend Richard S. I hope that he is healing well. Grief takes much longer to heal than surgery. Has anyone heard from him? Hopefully, he'll read this and give us all an update on himself. He has been missed. Maybe now that the original flavor of this fine Forum has returned, Richard will also.
Thank you for your concern, my friend. It is good to be back in the Forum again. I hope all is well in the world of “Cargaritaville.”

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"