Author Topic: Anyone try Eezox on the R9?  (Read 4305 times)

JimmyD

Anyone try Eezox on the R9?
« on: November 27, 2004, 07:37:06 PM »
After reading many good reviews, I recently started using Eezox as a CLP on my guns. So far, so good.  One nice thing is that it dries to the touch so it won't attract dirt/lint, etc.

Has anyone tried it on their R9's?

Here's a link to it:

http://www.eezox.com/

Offline TW

• Grand Master
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2004, 10:05:11 PM »
>>I've not yet tried Eezox on guns...acutually never heard of it until you brought it to our attention.  It does look interesting...non-combustable, functions under a wide temp range, and non-greasy so as not to attract pocket buggers.  If no one here has used it...might be worth intro-ing Eric to the stuff.  One question I have though = will it function adequately on the slide to frame given the tight tolerences...?...in other words I wonder how important is the thick, greasy property of Super Lube to it's function here...?  Perhaps the "dry" property of Eezox will cause unwanted excelleration and/or contact of the slide on frame...?

Who here would like to offer up their R9 for a test...???  Chris...lol...?  A comparison test with pics sure would look nice on the FAQ site...yessiree.  I would offer my gun for trial but I haven't received my second R9 yet, see...?...!...and I think you have your #2...right...?  LOL...!...TW<<

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: Anyone try Eezox on the R9?
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2004, 10:23:09 PM »
Hah! TW! .... yeah well.!

Yep - I have #2 .... main thing would be time, as ever.  been peculiarly busy of late, not to mention right now configuring a new machine after my old main one fired!

I'll keep this in mind but to be honest - really not convinced that any lube variety is gonna show major and demonstrable differences under test - well, not unless under arctic conditions perhaps!

I am no tribilogist - just a humble engineer but my thinking is -

Lube is for one thing right?  Protection of moving parts against wear ... but at same time keeping frictional losses to a minimum.  Now with a gun - frame/slide set-up - I really think I'd have to find something akin to dark molasses, or worse - to expect a major functional change, considering the power of recoil from the ammo.

That said - I'd also be wanting a film of lube that is persistent ... bottom line important.  That means NOT light machine oil - it does mean something with enough viscocity to ''cling'' and hold in place - added to which these days the addition of micro particles of PTFE means a greater endurance and persistance.  This is why I think Rohrbaugh has chosen Superlube.

There are tho so many quite sophisticated lubes on the market and IMO providing the main criteria are met, many will do.  Tribology these days is quite a science.  My main concern with this gun, being a thorobred and also IMO not a range plinker - it needs (and deserves) care and attention such that intervals between shooting and cleaning are short (in thruput terms) ... ensuring the cleanliness and lube factors are maximized.

Waffle over! ;D
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline TW

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2004, 01:27:08 AM »
>>Yeah...like Chris said...TW<<

Offline doctordun

• Sharpshooter
Re: Anyone try Eezox on the R9?
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2004, 12:00:37 AM »
I have used Eezox for a couple years on my Glocks, Keltecs and Smiths. For pocket carry, it's really nice to be able to just blow any lint or dust away. I use it to clean and lube about every gun except the R9. I clean it with Eezox and lube it as recommended by Eric. I've not had a precision weapon like this before, nor have I enough experience with it to try out other methods of lubrication.
I use Eezox on just about everything and it works very well for me.