Author Topic: NEW Rohrbaugh rund?  (Read 3362 times)

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
NEW Rohrbaugh rund?
« on: July 09, 2017, 10:16:18 AM »
Just kicking around a idea: Anyone else see the new HK 4.9. sub gun on one of the gun shows? Since Property rights for the 9mm and .380 Rohrbaugh belong to Remington.The 4.9 would be wide open. They showed the round, it's a bottleneck round so feeding would be PERFECT.   

I do NOT know the specs, just caught the end, but since HK developed it odds are it would be a pretty solid performer.

Ideas?
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
Re: NEW Rohrbaugh rund?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 10:51:44 AM »
What is the length of that cartridge?  You got a link to the cartridge specifications?

I can't seem to find much about it.  Most of what I see is for PDWs which use a round much too long to fit into a compact pistol.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 01:12:49 PM »
What is the length of that cartridge?  You got a link to the cartridge specifications?

I can't seem to find much about it.  Most of what I see is for PDWs which use a round much too long to fit into a compact pistol.

I wa HOPING someone else saw the entire program. It looks like a MP5 with folding stock. Sub gun rounds are usually in pistol caliber size guns.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline offrdmania

• Expert
  • Desperately Needs Treatment
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 01:31:25 PM »
You sure it wasnt the MP7 that you saw. I cant find anything anywhere about a sub gun by HK called the 4.9. Nothing in their 2017 Military and police catalog

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 02:04:05 PM »
You sure it wasnt the MP7 that you saw. I cant find anything anywhere about a sub gun by HK called the 4.9. Nothing in their 2017 Military and police catalog

I just did a Google on the 4.9. The OAL is 1.519. My Winchester JHP's are 1.89 so length, being 1/3 longer, seems out of the question without a COMPLETE redesign.

Google 4.9 mm round. It LOOKS like a great performer but not sure for what use.   
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline offrdmania

• Expert
  • Desperately Needs Treatment
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 02:07:41 PM »
Thats for the old HK G11 which is a caseless round. The G11 platform never got past the testing stage and the 4.92mm round didnt perform so it was dropped

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 06:38:06 PM »
Thats for the old HK G11 which is a caseless round. The G11 platform never got past the testing stage and the 4.92mm round didnt perform so it was dropped

This ^^^^ is what I saw on Google when I searched for it.  The other rounds were similar to FNs 5.7, some closer to .30 carbine length than a small pistol cartridge.

The MP5 is on the way out as most professionals now prefer a PDW that fires something close to, or an actual intermediate rifle round like the 5.56mm.

If you want to carry a pocket rocket, look at the Heizer Defense 5.56x45 (or 7.62x39).  If you don't get them with the bullet, the fireball will render them poop-less.  :)

Personally I think that the R9 gets as much out of its design as possible.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 06:39:50 PM by MikeInTexas »

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 07:32:20 AM »

This ^^^^ is what I saw on Google when I searched for it.  The other rounds were similar to FNs 5.7, some closer to .30 carbine length than a small pistol cartridge.

The MP5 is on the way out as most professionals now prefer a PDW that fires something close to, or an actual intermediate rifle round like the 5.56mm.

If you want to carry a pocket rocket, look at the Heizer Defense 5.56x45 (or 7.62x39).  If you don't get them with the bullet, the fireball will render them poop-less.  :)

Personally I think that the R9 gets as much out of its design as possible.

Yes, it does Michael. Thank you for noticing that!  Ha haa . . . .  ;)
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.