Author Topic: Seecamp Clone  (Read 5022 times)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Seecamp Clone
« on: August 20, 2011, 09:52:12 PM »
A couple of days ago I picked up one of the Masterpiece Arms 380s, well made, lifetime guarantee and about a quarter the cost of a 380 Seecamp.  ;D
  I have only put two mags through it so far but no issues and it was cheap ammo (Kypu). I'll update when I have time to put a few more mags through it.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 09:54:33 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline xaman

• Sharpshooter
Re: Seecamp Clone
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 09:59:36 PM »
I'm glad to see this thread, and will definitely be watching closely.  

Congrats btw.

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 09:59:37 PM »
Nice looking 380 John. Congratulations and good luck.

Did it come with they magazine extension or is it one of yours?

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 10:02:48 PM »
Will it fit a Seecamp holster?

What is the weight of the pistol?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 10:13:51 PM by wolverine_450 »

Offline Ljutic

• Master
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 11:07:41 AM »
I've been thinking I "need" one of these since it's BLACK and would probably cost about the same as sending my LWS380 out to CCR for a Cera-Hide blackout.

Please keep us posted on this gun.    
Owner of, and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear Blog.  http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 12:22:21 PM »
It did come with the mag extension and only one mag.
  It is a little snug in a good quality Seecamp holster but Im sure after being in there a while it would loosen up. The trigger guard is a little different than the Seecamp (actually doesn't seem to beat my knuckle up like the LWS. I haven't got to shoot it again, too busy getting ready for vacation.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 10:17:57 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 04:38:42 PM »
Thanks for the update John. :)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 10:42:33 PM »
A couple of days ago I picked up one of the Masterpiece Arms 380s, well made, lifetime guarantee and about a quarter the cost of a 380 Seecamp.  ;D
  I have only put two mags through it so far but no issues and it was cheap ammo (Kypu). I'll update when I have time to put a few more mags through it.

John.  Forgot I haven't commented on this!  Very nice!    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Laserlips

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 02:04:04 PM »
FWIW:

Seeing the photos of the Masterpiece Arms 380 remind me of a thread some time back on the Seecamp forum where some member was wishing for a "black" Seecamp..  :)

I believe the overall answer was, "it wasn't going to happen", so now that person has an option?

Of course it's human nature to want something a bit "different"..

I'm betting if Larry's guns were all black there would be someone wanting one in stainless steel...

But, IF the MA functions as well as my Seecamps have I can see where someone not interested in spending the better part of a thousand bucks (and a 2 yr wait too boot) could very well spring for a Masterpiece Arms clone..

I'm not against clones..  Good designs always seem to have clones pop up sooner or later..  My Ruger LCP's and LC9 are KelTec clones..

Just conversin'

Jesse

P.S. And yep, I like the "looks" of the Boberg.. But not until they get the bugs found and fixed..  Right now not interested in a gun that cost a thousand bucks that has a bullet/case separation issue, and only comes with a 3 yr. warranty..

Funny, HiPoint Arms has a lifetime, forever and ever amen warranty on all of their guns (and not only to the original owner) and they are cheaper than dirt, yet along comes a high end 9MM with only a three year warranty..  

I hope the Boberg succeeds, and I hope the warranty is changed...  Not either, or..  ;)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 04:45:06 PM by Laserlips »
"Laus Deo"

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened"

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 04:35:05 PM »
The Masterpiece Arms Protectors come with a Lifetime Warranty for under $300  ;D ;D

I don't understand how as a manufacturer (if you have made a good product) you can expect the consumer to put down there hard earned money yet you don't have enough faith in your own product to back it with a better warranty.

From the manufacturers site:

MasterPiece Arms presents the Protector Series.
Subcompact, conceal carry pistols made solid but carry light. Machined from solid steel for no-fail strength when you need it most. Crisp trigger pull in Double Action Only. Comfortable grip design. Available in .32 ACP or .380 ACP in all Black or Black with Natural Stainless Slide. Made in the U.S.A. Lifetime Warranty.

Because good things that come in small packages don't have to be expensive.

The expense is in our design and not in your pocket.
Priced to carry, built to protect.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 04:45:07 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson