Author Topic: Kramer Pocket Holster for the R9  (Read 4031 times)

Offline Snurd

Kramer Pocket Holster for the R9
« on: February 20, 2013, 03:03:13 PM »
Hi All,

Has anyone ever used the Kramer pocket holster for rear jeans pocket carry?

I've carried a Seecamp for years in one and it's been my favorite holster. The handgun is completely covered with leather (custom formed) on the side facing your backside, so it's very comfortable even when driving or sitting for longer periods.

I have an R9 coming, but not in hand yet. I realize it's going to be larger than the seecamp, but still think this particular holster may work.

Any shared experiences appreciated.

Thanks,

KP

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Kramer Pocket Holster for the R9
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 03:39:20 PM »
Snurd:

Welcome to the Forum.

The late R. J. Hedley designed the original full-flap "Back Pocket" holster, and his daughter, Lisa, has carried on the tradition. I have a number of R. J.'s holsters, some of them the so-called "Back Pocket" model, for my R9. I usually carry them in my right front pocket, although I sometimes use the back pocket method.  Get in touch with Lisa or with Robert Meco, one of the few holster makers with whom R. J. shared his techniques prior to his untimely death.

http://hedleyholsters.com/

http://mecopocketholsters.com/rearpocket.htm
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Snurd

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 03:48:18 PM »
Hi Richard,

Thanks for the response....

I've looked at a couple of the designs that you gave links to and they are certainly fine holsters from the look of them. I've also noticed the names mentioned by other members, so they must be popular for carry.

The main difference with the Kramer is that it looks like it should be more comfortable for back pocket carry because it fully covers the side of the handgun that faces your backside. It even covers the grip.

Hoping someone out there may have one that they've tried.

KP

Offline Kgivens

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 09:21:43 PM »
What i'd REALLY like is a back pocket holster with a "zipper top" like PocketHolsters.Com has for several mouse guns (p238' LCP) but not for the Rohr