Author Topic: Sneaky Pete Holsters  (Read 7937 times)

Offline Swengen

Sneaky Pete Holsters
« on: April 21, 2013, 12:13:29 PM »
Has anyone looked into Sneaky Pete Holsters?  They list Rohrbaugh on their site but don't have any made yet.  It really looks like it would be a great option.  It looks similar to a cell phone case with a magnetic snap closure.  They advertise in The American Rifleman.  Their address is:  sneakypeteholsters.com  if anyone would be interested.  I for one would like to at least try one. 
If I bleat when I speak, it's because I've just been fleeced.

Al Swearingen

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Sneaky Pete Holsters
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 01:12:23 PM »
I have a Haugen Boxter that is a similar design:

http://haugenhandgunleather.com/holsters/pc/Mode27-Boxter-11p19.htm

It is an excellent piece of workmanship, but whenever I wear it I can't get rid of the feeling that any knowledgeable observer will know what it contains. Therefore, I find myself treating it as I would a full-sized OWB rig.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Griff

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 09:25:22 PM »
I ordered one for an XDs.  It is a bigger than what I expected, and very European-carry all/man purse shiny black...What the heck is that thingy on your hip?
I tried it on, and put it in the drawer of wayward holsters.
In their defense, it is well made.  I just don't think I could carry it without feeling funny.  It also has a metal SP logo on the purse flap.
Maybe if you put some surgical tubing going from it to inside your clothing?

‘Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.‘
- C. S. Lewis

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 09:31:07 PM »

That european male purse thingy never quite caught on in CONUS.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 11:43:24 AM »
I have a Haugen Boxter that is a similar design:

http://haugenhandgunleather.com/holsters/pc/Mode27-Boxter-11p19.htm

.............. but whenever I wear it I can't get rid of the feeling that any knowledgeable observer will know what it contains. ..............

Whenever I see one, Fanny packs and Journalist vests come to mind along with a sign on the wearer's back reading " I AM ARMED !"

However, they are all legal options.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 09:33:25 PM »
I just tried my pup in my Sneaky Pete case that I bought for my Colt Mustang Pocketlite, and it fits perfectly. When I am out and cannot have an untucked shirt, I use that. It is an elegant case that everyone thinks that you have some kind of Blackberry in it or some new tiny Kindle or iPad thing.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 11:36:32 AM »
Thanks for the info.

Reading this thread made me put my suit on and drop the R9 in the front pocket in it's Nemesis pocket holster.  I really love this little R9 !  It is really unobtrusive in the front pocket of my business slacks, it looks like I have my wallet in my front pocket.  I have no problem quickly drawing the R9 out - it's great.  I tried this same exercise with a Kahr CM9, and while the two guns are so very close in size, I found the CM9 a little harder to get out of the front pocket.  It can be done, but I had to find the right draw motion - and repeat that every time to keep either the top or the heel of the CM9 from catching on the pocket.

Don't get me wrong, I think the PM9 and the CM9 are great little guns...

The R9 is more forgiving coming out of my business pants pocket.

I am looking into getting a Sneaky Pete or similar holster though because it seems like a better option when sitting down, and in other situations I can think of.  Even though it looks like a wallet in the front pocket, you don't look suave and debonair in a suit if you have a bunch of junk in your front pockets - that goes for the huge key ring with keys/garage door fob, pocket knife/flashlight etc...  I've seen guys giving a presentation and they've got junk in their pockets, y'know - their cell phone, and their keys, and spare change and it looks kinda dorky.

I don't think I'd wear a Sneaky Pete walking down the street - there is too much fear that a thief might try to snatch it.

I am also going to end up getting something like an Uncle Mike's Fanny Pack holster or a Maxpidition Octa - or something similar, because it looks like the way Illinois carry law is going to be written,  there will be places where it will be prohibited  to carry, but when a person is traveling through an area that is prohibited, they will be allowed to transport their firearm unloaded w/ammunition in a separate compartment.  There are fanny packs that accommodate that.  Uncle Mike's and Maxpidition are designed for quick access (as much as quick access is possible in transporting that way).

Offline brihof

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 07:44:09 PM »
Just sent them a note today asking the same question. Will report back on what they say.
I just traded in my Glock 26 for an R9, and sent back the Sneaky Pete I bought that was the size of an iPad case on the belt. It would be nice to have a nice small case to wear with a suit.

Offline brihof

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 09:35:03 PM »
Got a response from Sneaky Pete. They said they are not planning on a holster for the R9 at this time.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2013, 08:46:33 AM »
The one for a Colt Mustang Pocketlite fits the Pup perfectly.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!