Author Topic: Any news on these?  (Read 31370 times)

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
Re: Any news on these?
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2008, 03:11:56 PM »
TW, same to you my friend.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2008, 12:03:24 PM »
Howdy - I've been away for a while.  After reading this whole thread I can't believe some of the posts.  Yeah it would be ok to have a 380, but some of  you act like it would be so much better than the R9.
(I do understand for women the 380 would be nice)

You don't get it!  It's the the 9mm that make the Rohrbauh so Special.
And the lightest, most powerful pocket rocket on the planet.
And very controlable.

I for one I have finally found the "holy grail" of pocket pistols.

Just my dos centovos.

Reinz
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2008, 12:20:34 PM »
The .380s should be shipping in the next 4 weeks.......
Tom

Offline TW

• Grand Master
Any news on these?
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2008, 09:30:41 PM »
The .380s should be shipping in the next 4 weeks.......
Tom

Thanks Tom.  Be looking for an e-mail from me in the next few days...!...TW<<

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2008, 11:12:31 PM »
Good on you, Reinz.

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2008, 05:24:29 PM »
Tom, it's been about four weeks.  Any 380's arrive yet?
Corey

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2008, 01:53:14 PM »
no not yet, but they are close. hang in there for alittle bit.  Tom

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2008, 09:31:33 PM »
Still hanging 8)

Offline TW

• Grand Master
Any news on these?
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2008, 02:41:22 PM »
>>Last I heard from Eric some weeks back...shipments on the .380s have been pushed back to June-ish because Karl decided to change something like the R9 based slide into one more suited to his liking for the .380.  For those of us who waited almost a year for our first R9s...what's another couple/few months if potential bugs or even just looks are being worked out before we buy them...ya know...?...!!!

That said...if anyone were to lock in THE first batch of .380s to leave the shop - it would be Tom...!  So if you are serious about the R 380 at FMV, I would suggest sending Tom a deposit ASAP.

About the caliber issue...  There is no question in my mind that the R9 is all around "better" (???) = more powerful pistol to slip into a pocket for personal protection for some people.  However...there seems to be a number of folks out there who simply cannot handle this particular gun, and it could be some of these same people will be able to appreciate the size and quality of a Rohrbaugh gun and shoot the .380 well.  And with today's .380 defensive ammo choices it is my opinion a well placed close range shot will likely put an end to such an attack.  After all...we are not talking about your Father's .380.  Actually even that is not fair to say.  My Father, a Major General active in WWII, Korea, and part of Viet Nam, carried a Colt 380 (or might have been .32) with ball ammo in a shoulder harness at all times when in harms way...which he was in a lot.  Of course he also had a .45 on his side most of that time, but again the smaller Colt was an all the time gun.

There are a number of other reasons why the R.380 may prove very popular.  Besides slight of build or other people who are just not comfortable with the .9mm, there are people who feel a well placed .380 is just as effective or better for them opposed to the 9mm.  

Then there are the European and Asian markets where apparently many countries still favor the .380 round.  Spooks...!  Spooks gotta have a .380 - remember James Bond and his faithful PPK.  And we have .380 collectors, of which I am one...and Rohrbaugh groupies who just gotta have anything produced by those guys.  

One other thing which as of yet is no more than my own speculation...  In theory if the R380 is based somewhat on the R9 design (the R380 prototype was identical to the .9mm), this new gun should be able to manage the effects of the .380 firing cycle better than the 9mm.  In other words...  The .380 may have more "range gun" potential than the R9, which should please the folks who just can't abide by the makers words in regards to the 9mm to carry a lot...shoot a little.

For today that's all I have to say about the R380.  I like to stop by this thread every once in a while just to see what is going on...and in hopes of one day hearing Tom Watkins post to say..."The Rohrbaugh .380s are IN...!"...**sigh**...TW<<

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2008, 03:55:52 PM »
I hope the slide design does not change too much.  I have 2 Del Fatti holsters on the way.  I was counting on them fitting the R380 too.
Corey

Offline TW

• Grand Master
Any news on these?
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2008, 04:18:45 PM »
I hope the slide design does not change too much.  I have 2 Del Fatti holsters on the way.  I was counting on them fitting the R380 too.
Corey

Whatever the issue I doubt the design will alter shape enough to mismatch your holsters.

On second thought...  Yeah, it probably will make for a bad fit...so being the nice guy that I am - just send me those holsters when they arrive and I will eat the costs **grins**...TW<<

Offline DTM_39

• Master
  • NRA LIFE MEMBER
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2008, 06:15:23 PM »
Hello to all waiting for the R-380,  I got to put a couple mags through one Today.  All I can say is Sweeeettttt. The joke around the shop after you pull the trigger is :  Did it go off?  The recoil is like shooting a 22. The 380 is the same size frame and slide as the R-9.  However there are many internal dimensions that are different.  Springs have been ordered from Wolff and the machines are running.  It won't be long now and it will be worth the wait.  Dan
NRA LIFE MEMBER

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2008, 11:56:53 PM »
?............................
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 11:58:28 PM by ccoorreeyy »

Offline Jack Foulard

• Expert
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2008, 08:23:50 PM »
Is June-ish still an accurate ETA?

What is the speculated cost?