Author Topic: Downtime - June 27, 2015.... Changing to June 28th (hopefully)  (Read 5917 times)

Offline TechGuy

• Administrator
The forum will be going down to switch servers this evening at some point. The time will be when all my kids go to bed :)

I will try to give a 10 to 15 minute warning. It may be down from one hour to one day - just being realistic. I did a test run and everything seemed to work well so I'm relatively optimistic that down time will be minimal.

Thanks,
Steve
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 10:31:52 PM by TechGuy »

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: Downtime - June 27, 2015
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 03:22:24 PM »

Thanks, Steve. 

We were able to change the hosting to a new provider to secure a similar cost structure to what we had before.  Our previous provider wanted to raise our rate by 2.5x, forcing us to move.

Other changes are coming, as well -- but nothing too radical.

Thanks!

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Downtime - June 27, 2015
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 03:57:18 PM »
Steve:

Thank you for all you have done over the past eleven years to help Duane keep the Forum up and running.  Your highly skilled work is very much appreciated.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline TechGuy

• Administrator
Re: Downtime - June 27, 2015.... Changing to June 28th (hopefully)
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 10:42:49 PM »
Sorry... Didn't get it done tonight. I have a 4, 2, and 1 year old so its hard to schedule this kind of thing. We'll give it a go tomorrow. Yes, I'm an old daddy.

Eleven years!! Amazing. The reality is that I have probably only averaged less than an hour a year in helping Duane keep this going. I was wondering why he was continuing it but I understand now and see that a lot of friendships have developed over the last decade. I still can't believe its been eleven years, time sure is elusive.

Offline MICHPATRIOT

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 11:44:09 PM »
My three are 4, 3, and 1 Lol.. I run my own welding business and the wife works afternoons part time..Juggling becomes a hobby real quick huh? Quick now...what day is it?

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 07:46:30 AM »
  I'll chime in too. My three are 37,36,and 35,and I bet you have been told more than once, enjoy them while their young. They can be a full time job themselves.
     And yes, it is a nice forum. I belonged to it some years ago and just recently got back in.I touch base with this site everyday. It's like a nice walk in the park.
                                       Take your time. We just appreciate doing this.
                                                                                                                            Johnny
                                                                                                                               Wisconsin 

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 09:18:39 AM »
  Duane,Steve,
  Thank you to you both!
  They say if you want something done give it to a busy person.
    I am sure that applies to both of you.
                                                                                                     John