Author Topic: R-9 Elite (first photos)  (Read 10591 times)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: R-9 Elite (first photos)
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2007, 11:44:34 PM »
Got to the range today.  Not much of a range report...

I shoot each month with a group of good shooters to practice skills learned in classes.  I didn't have a lot of time, but me and two other shooters ran 4 mags through the pup on the plate rack.

The Elite shoots very well and functioned great.  Some shots were coming in high (at 15 yards), but with a litte bit of experimentation, plates at 15 yards were quite doable.

And, this was running crappy WWB ammo.  Will do some more testing with premium carry ammo soon.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline ROKTMAN

• Expert
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2007, 05:17:49 AM »
Range report will be coming on Saturday...
....and....?
 ;D

Offline captaincrm

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2007, 12:32:35 PM »
I've read that the work on the slide is done by hand. How do you guys think it was done? I might try it on my stealth. It really changes the look. Beautiful!
Charlie

Offline harrydog

• Master
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2007, 03:42:05 PM »
At $2245 for the elite model, exactly what are you getting above and beyond the standard R9? Is it mostly cosmetic? If so then I'm not really interested.
Or is there quite a bit more internal work done, like polishing and hand fitting to improve the function of the gun? If so, I'm a little miffed because I was under the impression that there was already a high degree of polishing and hand fitting done on the standard R9. Maybe I was wrong about that.
I fully understand the need to recoup their investment and to become profitable. Without that, Rohrbaugh can't stay in business. But I'm just not sure the new Elite models make much sense for the majority of people out there. Seems like just an easy way to capture a few more customers and some easy profits. Nothing wrong with that really. If that's what it takes, I'm glad they're doing it, but I'm not seeing the value in these guns. Maybe I'm missing something.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 03:51:02 PM by harrydog »

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2007, 04:12:39 PM »
Well, first of all -- the $2,245 is for the Elite Premium, which is a very special, very limited edition.  Look at the description for all the extra labor that goes in, plus the carbon fiber grips.  The Premium is, in my opinion, intended as a collector's piece.

The regular Elite is just $200 more than the stealth, which are fitting and polishing time that are mostly cosmetic, but also functional.

I don't hear anyone complaining about the fit and finish of any R-9, so buying the upgrade is hardly necessary--unless its what you want.  All R-9s receive a lot more hand work and fitting that most guns on your dealer's shelf.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline tattoo

• Master
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2015, 04:27:29 PM »
Just lovely