Author Topic: What is your Rohrbaugh worth?  (Read 10492 times)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
What is your Rohrbaugh worth?
« on: October 15, 2014, 09:28:32 AM »
Oscar Wilde once said " My tastes in life are very simple. Just give me the best of everything. " If he were alive today, he would have bought a Rohrbaugh R9 or R380 or both! What is your Rohrbaugh worth? Nervous about all the happenings and lack thereof at Remington? Well, they are worth what people are willing to pay for them. Period. If you want to predict the future, look to the past. On Gun Broker in the past 60 days, the following Rohrbaughs have been purchased:

1.) R9S Tribute-New-$2000.
2.) R380-used-$1180.
3.) R380-used $1025.
4.) 9mm mag-used-$100.
5.) R9 Stealth-used-$961.
6.) R380-new-$1150.
7.) R9S Cogan-new-$1850.
8.) R9S Stealth-used-$1205.
9.) R9S Stealth-new-$1250
10.) R9 Stealth-used-$842

The used Rohrbaugh market is alive and well, and very healthy. Have a Rohrbaugh that isn't selling? Remember the 3 P's to effective marketing: Price, product, and promotion. If it isn't selling, look at these 3 factors, and make an adjustment or adjustments. There are plenty of buyers out there. You just need to reach them. IMO, selling inexpensive items on our Forum is very effective. Selling firearms on our Forum is mostly not effective, unless you want to give it away. GunBroker reaches the buyers better than any other medium, including GunsAmerica, Guns international, and Armslist. And lastly, if you've been thinking about selling your Rohrbaugh because you are nervous. There are plenty of buyers that don't share your same opinion. Food for thought.

Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
Re: What is your Rohrbaugh worth?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 11:52:59 AM »
The 380s have been showing up a little more frequently and have been selling quite well. Heck one listed late last night ended this morning with a buy it now.  My larger concern with the 380 would be future parts availability.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 03:16:44 PM »
Why are all of the stealths being sold? Anyone have a guess? I am under the impression that they are more rare, yet they are flying out of the safes and into the General public. Kind of odd.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 05:53:51 PM »
IMO a lot of serious CCW persons like black weapons (I am one of them).  They are not for show, are easier to conceal, don't catch light and have a slight advantage in the matter of surprise.  The only downside is they don't tend to show well at barbecues.  I also have a few handguns that I take to those!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 07:15:27 PM »
R9 No. 132 (Farmingdale without "R" prefix) fitted with old ivory grips - Priceless.   8)

« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 07:24:44 PM by Richard S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 08:44:18 PM »
I'm still waiting for someone to shell out $5k for the special forces model that has been on there for years.  ;D

I do think there is a real potential for the original early guns to increase substantially in value once Remington takes the R9 mainstream. I guess you could say with 7  R9s (4 early Farmingdales, 3 Elites) I am LONG on Rohrbaugh and I would not consider selling any of them right now.

-Ryan
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 09:56:15 PM »
IMO a lot of serious CCW persons like black weapons (I am one of them).  They are not for show, are easier to conceal, don't catch light and have a slight advantage in the matter of surprise.  The only downside is they don't tend to show well at barbecues.  I also have a few handguns that I take to those!

I agree. That's why I'm surprised people are parting with them. I wouldn't mind having a stealth.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 10:54:03 PM »
Some non stealth and non "special" models have been sold in the last 60 days on there too but were just not included in the list, including several Farmingdales.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 11:05:00 PM »

This is a transitional period of uncertainty where non-believers are giving up the ghost and R9 aficionados  are adding to their inventory. Also, those who failed to buy one are now recapturing their lost opportunity. The R9 market for the NY guns will always be there but it is just a matter of price.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 11:08:29 PM »
Some non stealth and non "special" models have been sold in the last 60 days on there too but were just not included in the list, including several Farmingdales.
You are correct. I missed the whole 2nd page! I just turned 60 and I think that I lost half my brain cells.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2014, 12:44:06 PM »
  * * * I missed the whole 2nd page! I just turned 60 and I think that I lost half my brain cells.

I vaguely remember turning 60. As I recall, it was a very good year.   ;)

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2014, 05:05:54 PM »
My experience:  After age 60, when you hit a bump things rattle.  After 70, you hit a bump and things fall off and you have to go back and pick 'em up.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Douglas

• Expert
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2014, 11:20:11 PM »
My experience:  After age 60, when you hit a bump things rattle.  After 70, you hit a bump and things fall off and you have to go back and pick 'em up.

That's great!

Reminds me of my beloved partner, who broke me in on the job, taught me everything I knew. A man among men (-he was actually recruited for the Rhodesian Army in the '70s! He declined.)

He used to tell us, "Once you turn 40, the warranty expires." "Once you turn 45, the warranty expires." "Once you turn 50, the warranty expires." "Once you turn 55, the warranty expires."

We knew that, as long as he lived, "the warranty" would keep moving out, and we were safe. ;)  He had won gun fights, knife fights, club fights and open hand fights. We were in many of them with him. He was a machine.

And he walked little old ladies across the street.

It was comforting. You always felt young around him.

We lost him a couple of years ago to cancer. He made it to 60.

Now we know that, that's where the warranty runs out.  :'(

If you make 70 brother, God bless you. Keep doing what you're doing!  8)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2014, 09:34:23 AM »
Douglas, sounds like your former partner was quite a guy, and one you and others were fortunate to know.  I'd like to think his warranty was  just transferred to another location when the time came to move on.
John

PS:  Old joke:  three men, one 60, one 70, one 80+ were discussing aging.  Sixty y.o. says "since I turned 60 I just can't pee...prostate is a mess!".  Seventy y.o. adds "wait 'til you hit seventy...since then not only can't I pee, I have trouble with bowel movements being hard and irregular.  The eighty year old, with a beautific smile says "Every morning at 6 a.m. I empty my bladder; at 7 a.m.  I have a large bowel movement; then at 8 a.m. I wake up".   ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2014, 10:53:52 AM »
Hilarious.

John Stuart Mill