Miscellaneous > Other Guns

The New Auto Mag Company

(1/14) > >>

MRC:
I never thought this would happen but the New Auto Mags are in production as I type this.

They started production with a "Limited Founder's Edition" which is an Auto Mag with an 8 1/2" VR barrel, polished upper, and wood grips to mimic the gun Dirty Harry used in "Sudden Impact".  The Founder's Edition is limited to 50 guns and is sold out.

A friend of mine who is consulting with the owners forwarded these 'work in process' photos to me.

The gun is the 8 1/2" version and the barrels on the mat are the 6 1/2" style.

Looking Good!

tracker:
Have they priced them yet?

MRC:

The Founder's Editions are priced at $3995.00.

The standard 6 1/2" models have a wait list at $3495.00.

Here is a link to their website, click on store for gun and part prices.

http://www.automag.com/

tracker:
That is a man's gun as opposed to a gentleman's pistol.

MRC:
I've had Auto Mags for 20+ years and they really are pretty easy to shoot. With comparable loads, the Auto Mag is easier to shoot well than my 6", 629 Smith.The 357 AMP is the same case as the 44 and is really a nice shooting round.

I had to put the money up front for the Founder's Edition and I talked with the owner a long time before ordering.  He seems like a great guy.  I know several of the guys who have been helping without pay and they assured me everything is alright with the deal.

The owner has been writing checks now for 2 1/2 years without any income, I wish him well.  It is something he has always wanted to do and is not in it for the money.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version