Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Rohrbaugh R-45

A 45acp design idea for new pilots at Rohrbaugh

(1/4) > >>

PocketRocketLover:
Hello All , Since I am logged in and just posted in the Wish List area here . I wanted to run another design idea up the flag pole for possibly the new pilots at Remington . I own an AMT BACKUP in 45acp . While MANY may think that tool is junk . I have shot and carried this tool for near 20 years with ZERO issues . Given the size and weight of that old timer . In todays market place . I am sure many would RUN from a small 24oz stainless pocket gun . But I , on the other hand , would LOVE to own a like sized pistol made from CNC materials like the R9 is . While the old AMT was made of cast parts or MIM parts . I am sure that with NEW machining and design . A smaller all metal 45 acp can be had today . I am not sure if the 45 can run with an aluminum frame like the R9 can . But I am certain MANY would jump on the band wagon and scoop up an all metal Rohrbaugh 45acp .
One last thing . I know the XDS45 and the CW45 are small 45 autos . But I held off on pick up one in hopes of seeing a 45 acp pup . Thanks for your time guys

MRC:
Check out Boberg's XR45.  It is all metal, 22.5oz, 6 +1 capacity, +P and 45 Super rated, and has a 3.75" barrel.

I have one and am experiencing magazine problems with it, but I am sure they will get it right. 

If I were advising anyone, I would wait until they work thru these problems.

P.S.  I have shot 45 Backups, if you like that pistol you would love the Boberg.

backupr9:

--- Quote from: MRC on October 13, 2014, 07:34:09 AM ---Check out Boberg's XR45.  It is all metal, 22.5oz, 6 +1 capacity, +P and 45 Super rated, and has a 3.75" barrel.

P.S.  I have shot 45 Backups, if you like that pistol you would love the Boberg.

--- End quote ---

But, it is not a 1911 style ACP is that is what he was actually wishing for.

MRC:

--- Quote from: backupr9 on October 13, 2014, 08:45:58 AM ---
--- Quote from: MRC on October 13, 2014, 07:34:09 AM ---Check out Boberg's XR45.  It is all metal, 22.5oz, 6 +1 capacity, +P and 45 Super rated, and has a 3.75" barrel.

--- End quote ---

But, it is not a 1911 style ACP is that is what he was actually wishing for.

--- End quote ---

The 45 Backup is not a 1911 style either.

High Standard is making them again.  The one I shot years ago was junk.  He must have got a good one.

DDGator:

I too had an AMT that was junk.

An R-45 has been lusted for by many on this site for a long time.  There was actually a prototype that I held in my hands -- although not the tiny pocket pistol that people had envisioned.

Ultimately, however, this is an idea that is WAY down the road at Remington.  They have their hands full getting a 9mm and .380 ACP going.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version