Author Topic: R-45  (Read 17972 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: R-45
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2011, 09:18:37 PM »
Does anyone have a guess how much an R45 will go for when they are available? Given that it will be larger and in high demand I wonder what % over an R9 the price will be. I am hoping only about $200 more. Am I close or way off?
 Robar233

I know of no one who has heard of a price; not even a hint!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 09:19:54 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Robar233

• Master
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2011, 09:23:31 PM »
 I think the R45 is a unicorn. We have read a lot about them but we will never see one!

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2011, 09:32:35 PM »
I'm banking we will see the R45.  Just when..............I can wait!    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2011, 09:40:54 PM »
Does anyone have a guess how much an R45 will go for when they are available? Given that it will be larger and in high demand I wonder what % over an R9 the price will be. I am hoping only about $200 more. Am I close or way off?
 Robar233

My guesses:
- 2 years or more before they are shipped
- $1950
- at that price point they won't be a big seller and will stop production at 500 units

I hope I'm wrong on all accounts

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2011, 09:44:19 PM »
Me too!    ;D

Offline PocketRocketLover

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2011, 04:38:25 AM »
While I know nothing of the pending 45acp offering . I can tell you this . I own both the R9 and a AMT Backup 45 acp . You would be amazed at how small the AMT is next to the R9 . With this in mind . I would guess that if Rohrbaugh puts out a 45 acp . It may mimic the size envelope of the AMT . That pistol is about 10% larger  overall then the R9 . Even with current CNC processes . I would think that a new R-45 could not be any smaller . I measure my AMT at about 5 3/4" long by about 4" high . At 24 oz . It is near double the R9 weight and has a 5 shot magazine . While at the time in the early 1990s . I carried it because it was the smallest 45 auto around . But I feel the R9 purpose is a size , weight , caliber mix done right ! I found the AMT 45 was to heavy for true pocket / ankle carry . So it would ride in an IWB setup . The R9 is a dream in ANY mode or carry .
Would I buy an R-45 today ? It would have to have sights , be lighter . smaller and around the same price as the R9 is today . But I would still slip the R9 in my pocket and feel ARMED for self protection . I hope you find this helpful .

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2011, 05:23:01 AM »
PocketRocketLover -
If you go back and take down your backup 45 you will also see how extremely similar the internal design of the R9 closely follows the backup with the added improvement of the extra dual recoil spring assembly.  Also the R9 extended the grips over the top of the trigger gaurd to protect the trigger bar.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Robar233

• Master
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2011, 09:47:08 AM »
CWC,

I hope you are wrong too! I hope we see it sooner than two years. I would pay that price and would have to grab one ASAP due to the possibility of it being discontinued. I can't even guess what one would be worth down the road if only 500 were made.
 How much advanced notice do you think Rohrbaugh would put out prior to release? Would they be inclined to just post it on their site that it is now available? It would be nice to have some lead time to save some "fun money" for the purchase.