Author Topic: SHOT Show 2019  (Read 6392 times)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: SHOT Show 2019
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2019, 07:29:11 AM »

No — it’s mostly for dealers and law enforcement.  However, there are a lot of media attendees.  The general public is not admitted.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2019, 10:28:30 AM »

No — it’s mostly for dealers and law enforcement.  However, there are a lot of media attendees.  The general public is not admitted.

However regular folks can sneak in, I have in the past, with some work.  It happened to correspond to the same time I was going to be in the Las Vegas area anyway.
(Dad and I went in 86. Went a decade or so ago by myself.)

Easiest way is to know a dealer who will give you the credentials to get a ticket. Some small time gun stores can't afford to go. You can sometime acquire access through them for a small fee, especially if you are a regular/good customer.  The gun store will have to jump through some hoops for you, so they may want some compensation.  My contact had to send copies of print ads and set up a corporate email address to show I was an 'Employee" of the store.

Of course, those that are legitimately allowed to be there will sometimes be very protective of their show.  So if you get access, keep your mouth shut about it, go to the show, have a good time, protect your source.

Something to think about for next year.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2019, 11:43:02 AM »

However regular folks can sneak in, I have in the past, with some work.  It happened to correspond to the same time I was going to be in the Las Vegas area anyway.

I don't doubt this is still possible, but they have cracked down a lot in the last 3-4 years.  It would definitely take some cooperation from someone who has an FFL.  I used to get some friends in, but ultimately gave up as the documentation requirements became harder.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2019, 12:36:11 PM »
I understand Duane.  They have to make it hard for the riffraff to get in, but it has to be easy enough for their target audiences to attend.  That is where the opening is.

I haven't tried in the last few years, however I can't believe that it would be too difficult with enough time to prepare.  Not something you can expect to tackle in a few weeks.  However, this summer might be a good time to start the process for next year.