Author Topic: An easy way to reassemble without special tools!  (Read 4186 times)

Offline kwesi

• Sharpshooter
An easy way to reassemble without special tools!
« on: September 14, 2007, 03:39:25 PM »
The following is for the original recoil springs! I have not yet tried the newer (stronger) ones to determine if my fingers can replace a tool!

For those of us that were not able to purchase the tools designed to make the reassembly so easy I submit the following:

You do not even need the channel locks, no tools. Just gently compress the spring and the recoil rod will protrude through the end cap then insert the recoil system into the barrel/slide assembly.  Maybe 30 seconds.

Hope this helps!

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
Re: An easy way to reassemble without special tool
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 04:37:32 PM »
" You do not even need the channel locks, no tools. Just gently compress the spring and the recoil rod will protrude through the end cap then insert the recoil system into the barrel/slide assembly.  Maybe 30 seconds. "

;D  
Not so for some users with out superior hand strength  or the early issue guns.  The tolerances have been loosened,  so maybe it is easier now.. :)
RJ=

Offline riffraff

• Master
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 05:07:55 PM »
kwesi,

Yeah, I do it the same way you do but it is very difficult.  You must have a lot of hand and finger strength!  I still have not installed my new genII recoil springs yet.  Maybe they will be a little easier to do by hand.

Mike
NRA Benefactor Member
FCSA Life Member

Offline kwesi

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 09:44:10 PM »
" You do not even need the channel locks, no tools. Just gently compress the spring and the recoil rod will protrude through the end cap then insert the recoil system into the barrel/slide assembly.  Maybe 30 seconds. "

;D  
Not so for some users with out superior hand strength  or the early issue guns.  The tolerances have been loosened,  so maybe it is easier now.. :)

Rj: I suspected there must have been some changes because I do not have any xtra special finger strength but it really goes on easy.