Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Rohrbaugh R380

R380 ammo preference

(1/2) > >>

dmunofo:
Hey guys....while waiting for my 380s to come in, I was looking for some ammo to range test.  Maria had recommended the following...
- Hornaday  Critical Dedense
- Speer Gold Dot Hollows
- Winchester Defense  Silver Tips Hollows
-  American Eagle ( for plinking only)

Has anyone ever used the Winchester PDX1 Defender and if so, do you like them?

Sofar the Hornadays are hard to find in 380 online.  Ideally I will buy a box of each and see what the gun likes..... But for now just trying to get some recommendations. 

Thanks,

Dom

kjtrains:
Dom.  Haven't tried the PDX1 Defender, however, would go with Maria's recommendations; always good to follow what the factory suggests; if all works well with one or all of those, you're good to go.

Now of course, you're welcome to try what you want.  Wishing you the best.

dmunofo:
For those who are interested in the ballistics of the .380 round, here is a comparative analysis chart on some popular rounds. 

http://www.shootingillustrated.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/performance.jpg

Being in law enforcement, it's important for me know how these rounds perform.  I am actually impressed with the Wilson, Speer DT, and Fed. Hydra shock round. 

While I thought the Hornaday Critical Defense  would be good round  to carry off duty, I think the aforementioned 3 will the primary rounds I will practice with, before I make the decision on what round I like the best.

Dr. Gonzo:
+1 on the Winchester PDX1

Critical Defense on the other hand had some pretty hard primers last time i shot them and i needed the ingenious second strike!

The Speer Gold Dot 90gr. are my alternate load.

dmunofo:
After my first range day (see range report).... It seems that the K380 likes the Speer's GTHP better than the HCD round.  Shoots more accurate and less feeding issues.   Dr. Gonzo....thanks for the +1 on the PDX1....gonna have to try it next time....along with some Wilson Custom Ammo I picked up due to their ballistics and nice penetration.

D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version