Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Rohrbaugh R380

where are all the 380 owners

(1/2) > >>

socialwork911:
this thread doesn't get much activity..I on the fence about the 380..love to hear from owners about their experiences with the gun..would you buy it again or go with the 9

Reinz:
The feedback that I have heard from owners has been great!  However, if this were my first Rohrbaugh, it would and was a 9mm.  The whole idea from the beginning was to have the lightest, smallest, 9mm package available; i.e., the most bang for the buck. 

I believe the whole idea of the R380 was for mainly 4 catagories of shooters: women who could not tolerate the 9mm, handicapped,  recoil sensitive, and neophytes.  While each comprises a very small market for an expensive gun, the four combined make it worth while.

In my opinion, with all the advancements made with small 9mm pistols and ammo, the 380 in most cases is practically obsolete for defensive purposes.  Unless you just can not tolerate or carry any thing else.      (note:  I did not make any absolutes) :)

Since I am satisfied with my current stable of R9's, I would welcome a 380 at the right price.  :)

Good Luck with your decision.

socialwork911:
Reinz,

thanks for yur feedback...opinions concerning cal. are all over the place..380 ammo has changed...but a 9 is still a 9.

Reinz:
Dude, if you are trying to say a 380 has broken the 9 barrier,  by the same token, a 9 has upped by the same dimension with current ammunition technology.

If a 380 is what is the most power you can manage at your best, that is one thing.  But if you think the ammo is as good as the best 9mm defensive ammo, somebody sold you a bill of goods and/or you are just fooling yourself.

Does't really matter to me, yes, a 9 IS a 9, as IS a 380 a 380.  Which is why my R9's are my just Backups to this:

socialwork911:
just sayin, for me...the tech changes to 380 ammo makes ok to carry for SD....9mm has changes too and is also good for SD...I like your main carry...always gets the job done :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version