Author Topic: Del Fatti Right Hand Black Shark PH3  (Read 3751 times)

Offline FloridaCCW

• Master
Del Fatti Right Hand Black Shark PH3
« on: November 18, 2011, 01:03:55 PM »
Selling one of my RH Del Fatti PH3s. Black shark and never used. SPF

Shipped via priority mail. Payment can be made with USPS money order. Add 3% if you want to use paypal. If needed, I can send pics this weekend. Thanks

« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 04:10:45 PM by FloridaCCW »

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Del Fatti Right Hand Black Shark PH3
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 01:12:52 PM »

PM sent.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 02:25:46 PM »
FloridaCCW is a first rate guy to deal with buying or selling, deal with confidence. :D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline FloridaCCW

• Master
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 04:10:18 PM »
SPF.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 05:14:47 PM »
Congrats to both parties.  :D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 06:21:54 PM »
PM sent.

Congrats tracker and CCW.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 10:16:08 PM »
OHAD [obsessive holster acquisition disorder] strikes again. "We have met the enemy and he is us."
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 10:20:20 PM by tracker »

Offline FloridaCCW

• Master
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 03:39:35 PM »
Payment received and holster mailed via priority with tracking. Enjoy the holster!!

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 01:23:48 PM »
As a result of my most recent acquisition and a seemless, rapid transaction with FloridaCCW here I became curious about holster care and treatment. Even though I have a section of my closet dedicated to leather care products I didn't know much about it other than having an obsessive shoe fetish. This forum has been responsible for extending the need for quality leather products to include holsters. We have been fortunate indeed to have some of the finest leather craftsmen associated with this forum who make R9 holsters and other high grade leather products
I looked at several holster makers' recommendations for leather treatment and the list was almost as long as gun care products. One maker said not to do anything to the holster while another one recommended the use of only two brands of leather conditioners: LEXOL or Properts and nothing else. One site recommended no wax because the leather "must be allowed to breathe." Even though Renaissance wax has been widely extolled on these pages I had noticed that some black dye would come off some of my holsters after using it. This was only a minor observation and not a complaint.
So, I decided to call one of the foremost experts for advice, Matt Del Fatti. He was very friendly and informative and said that no conditioners were needed because his holsters are sealed before receiving their final coat of Renaissance wax. As an alternative Matt said that KIWI neutral shoe polish could also be used to enhance the life of the holster.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 05:12:12 PM by tracker »

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 01:52:04 PM »
So, I decided to call one of the foremost experts for advice, Matt Del Fatti. He was very friendly and informative and said that no conditioners were needed because his holsters are sealed before receiving their final coat of Renaissance wax. As an alternative Matt said that KIWI neutral shoe polish could also be used to enhance the life of the holster.

I've been using KIWI polish on my holsters ever since my Army days and applying Renaissance Wax to them as a final finish for the past several years. It's gratifying to have one's choices verified by a master gunleather artist such as Matt.

Thank you for sharing that information, Tracker.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 06:39:35 PM »
Thanks, tracker.  Good information on the KIWI polish; been using the Renaissance Wax since learning about it, but good to have an alternative.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, 09:10:25 PM »

We would be remiss if we didn't acknowledge the recommendation of PICREATOR RENAISSANCE PRODUCTS by Richard several years ago. The note on the back of the can advises to apply sparingly. In three years I still have two thirds of a 200 ml/7fl.oz remaining and I use it with care on leather, wood, and metal things that are special.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 09:20:35 PM »
I definitely agree.  Thanks again.