Author Topic: Check this out  (Read 10601 times)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Check this out
« on: January 10, 2018, 03:38:45 PM »
I really do not see anything special about this Boberg.  Crazy price!

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/735376214

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Re: Check this out
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 04:25:43 PM »
Holy $#i+!  I didn’t know the stainless frame was worth that premium.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 05:58:08 PM »
They say there's an ass for every seat...or is it a seat for every ass?
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 07:00:08 PM »
It looks like equity man, or whatever his name, is on the prowl again. 

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 07:00:54 PM »
He's back!!!!!!
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 07:06:26 PM »
I should sell this one, it's fired but like new.  I think the grips really look good on this Platinum Boberg.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 07:10:49 PM »
I've always loved that gun since you first showed it...beautiful!

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 10:12:26 PM »
I have the XR9L in platinum #00069 with tritium night sights (original box, etc. bought preproduction)...an incredibly nice pistol to shoot with maybe 120 rounds through it....wonder what that is worth?
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 07:49:44 AM »
I have the XR9L in platinum #00069 with tritium night sights (original box, etc. bought preproduction)...an incredibly nice pistol to shoot with maybe 120 rounds through it....wonder what that is worth?

I have one of the Platinum XR9L's that I never fired.  I know there are a lot fewer of the L's than the S's but the shorts are more popular.

I have a Platinum and an Onyx 45 also that I have shot quite a bit.  Not very good pistols but they were made is super low numbers and go high on GB.

On the Colt Forum I saw a guy that bought a Bond Bullpup in Platinum so I bought one of those.  I have not shot it yet but it certainly looks like Bond is doing a very good job on them.  The machining inside and out is just beautifully done.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 09:20:42 AM »
I have read about but not seen the Bond version.  For some reason I never knew about the need for grease in the innards of the Boberg version...noticed it was greasy but just cleaned with EEZOX and never had a problem.  Is there a special grease required, or will any quality gun grease do/
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 10:14:09 AM »
I have read about but not seen the Bond version.  For some reason I never knew about the need for grease in the innards of the Boberg version...noticed it was greasy but just cleaned with EEZOX and never had a problem.  Is there a special grease required, or will any quality gun grease do/

Here are some links.  The first is the only product that Arne recommended.

https://www.mscdirect.com/browse/tnpla/31733140?cid=ppc-google-New+-+Lubricants%2C+Coolants+%26+Fluids+-+PLA_sE8893r6O___164110813911_c_S&mkwid=sE8893r6O|dc&pcrid=164110813911&rd=k&product_id=31733140&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhOyFlpjQ2AIVQySBCh35jgJtEAQYAiABEgJRmPD_BwE

Here is how to apply it.

http://www.bobergarms.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Unlock-Block-Anti-Seize-Application-Guidlines.pdf

I doubt that you did your pistol any harm not using it.  I think it was needed for long shooting sessions and for the guys who don't clean or lube their guns.

Don't use any more than what the photo shows.  I used it before the picture came out and used about twice that much and it gooped up the whole inside of my gun.

Good luck

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 10:50:39 AM »
Coincidentally, I also use the LPS Micro X cleaner on my guns. It is safe on all surfaces, even plastic:

http://www.lpslabs.com/product-details/591

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2018, 11:12:47 AM »
Hoosier Armory has a Bond version for I THINK $1900.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2018, 11:18:26 AM »
Hoosier Armory has a Bond version for I THINK $1900.

MSRP is $1099.00

Bond was selling them direct for $977.00 and at the first of the year went to using distributors so they raised the price.  Street price should settle down to $1000.00 I would think.

Bond just ran a special selling them for $977 and throwing in 2 extra mags.  That is what I paid.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2018, 02:21:40 PM »
Thanks all.  I just realized why I didn’t know about the grease on the unlock block...my shorty was a face to face purchase without a manual.  The subsequent XR9L was just cleaned the way I always did the shorty...didn’t read the manual (color me embarrassed).
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis