Author Topic: Good Pistol Caliber Carbine  (Read 10951 times)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: Good Pistol Caliber Carbine
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2004, 01:45:26 PM »
Richard ... just the std 9mm ... and yeah ... will post back once I have it and check it out.  

The guy was selling with extra mags and red dot and other bitz but - have just bought the bare bones gun with 2 factory mags.  It does tho still have the accessory rail so - I will fit a red dot immediately.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2004, 12:08:19 AM »
Richard - at last got to get my Storm set up today - as promised, a smidgeon of feedback.  Took my vacationing daughter and her old man to range today and, sighted it in.  Didn't take too long in fact - tho, the pic below has a very poor 45mm red dot which a coupla weeks ago just seemed like junk!  Have now fitted a slimmer (28mm) Bushnell red dot .. (see today's pic) and it seems good.

We all were very pleased with the ''feel'' .... ergonomics if you like .. biggest crit' tho was the trigger ... heavy and creepy ... tho something you can get used to (sorta!).  I intend to try and explore possibilities of smoothing it.  Accuracy was about what one would expect from a 9mm carbine ... not tack driving but - good enough group.  Pleasure to shoot.

And .... here she is today trying it out .....

Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2004, 07:47:33 AM »
Chris:

Thank you for the report and the photographs.  Based on your report, Im keeping the Storm on my list of "must haves."

Incidentally, I'm still working on my ammo project.  More later.

RS
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"