Author Topic: RECLUSE Prototype!  (Read 19099 times)

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
Re: RECLUSE Prototype!
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2010, 09:13:51 PM »
    Sorry about the flying coffee. Just kidding of course. Just slow down and take things easy. Don't worry about the backlog, it doesn't matter since I already have mine :D. Seriously, I like your holster... a lot. Get better soon.    Gene
birdman

Offline sdlsaginaw

• Expert
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2010, 01:25:12 PM »
I'd still like to see what the print looks like in a pair of relaxed-fit jeans, both standing and sitting.  The Rohrbaugh is really close to the limit for pocket carry in jeans for me.  Mine is front carried in a Meco back pocket holster with a modified print panel.  It's still big enough that I have had a comment about what it could be.  ::)

At least the Meco, while a bit bigger than a wallet, is square like one.  Does the angled shape of the Recluse advertise "I'm not a wallet, and possibly holding something shaped like a 7"

Offline sdlsaginaw

• Expert
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2010, 12:44:27 PM »
Well, I finally ordered one in tan yesterday.  I'll see how well it works in my front jeans pocket!

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2010, 03:49:52 PM »
I have been carrying mine for a while and it is comfortable and breaks the outline of the gun very well. I have only carried in shorts, I don't wear jeans of any kind until around December.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MrsFosforos

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2010, 06:08:46 PM »
I wonder if one can be made with the mag holder that will be sized to use with mag extensions?

Offline Recluse

• Expert
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2010, 06:34:17 PM »
I wonder if one can be made with the mag holder that will be sized to use with mag extensions?

I just recieved one of Yankee2500's mag extrensions, so we'll see what happens....

Offline MrsFosforos

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2010, 01:34:47 AM »

I just recieved one of Yankee2500's mag extrensions, so we'll see what happens....
that will be a nice option!

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2010, 09:41:15 AM »
I do like options, although don't carry an extra mag, this will be of interest.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2010, 08:31:30 PM »
Although I see the Recluse as a new, out of the box, different design I just cant see myself using one.  Maybe one day i'll get to see one in person and try it out and then can make my mind up about them.

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2010, 04:11:52 PM »
Well, after my above post, one of our FINE forum members sent me his Recluse holster for me to try out a few days to see what I thought (Thanks Gene!).  I used it for 2 days and it does work.  It kept the gun in the right position and ready for deployment which is very fast from this design.  It does print more in my pocket than my regular holsters but it does not print gun.  It prints big oval thingy.  ;)  If the rubbery insert that surrounds the trigger keeps its "firmness" over time I think it is a safe way to carry.  I still think that a fully enclosed trigger is a safer design like on most leather pocket holsters.  I may just be old fashioned in that respect but thats the way I feel.  As I posted before I'd held one in my hand it is a new, out of the box different design and now that I have used one for a few days I'm going to go back to my old n trusty pocket holster.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2010, 04:41:01 PM »
What keeps me from trying a Recluse is the issue of "tumbling".
Being in East Texas, I wear shorts, the slacks type, 10 months out of the year and they have big wide pockets.  All my holsters already need those wing stabilizers so the the grip is where it is supposed to be when I  need it.  
No surprises.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2010, 04:42:06 PM »
Great info, Corey.  Thanks.  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2010, 12:10:15 AM »
Reinz,
   I did not have an issue with "tumbling" and I wear cargo type shorts with large pockets. I didn't do anything overly active and it seemed to stay upright just fine.

John
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 12:11:33 AM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2010, 05:07:26 PM »
Thanks Yankee, that's good to know, I will now reconsider.  :)
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2010, 06:39:01 PM »
I have mine for sale because I'm just a traditional holster guy. Old habits die hard I guess.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson