Author Topic: Gun Rug Holster  (Read 6070 times)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Gun Rug Holster
« on: May 30, 2004, 12:19:42 PM »
Question (probably for GeorgeH  ;D) -- will the R-9 fit in the Desantis Gun Rug Holster sold on the NAA website?  Or is it a bit too big?

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
Re: Gun Rug Holster
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2004, 12:49:11 PM »
You know, I don't know. I have two of them since they came with my two Guardians. I have to go and find them to try and see. The Rohrbaugh seems to be just a tad longer than my G380. But I think it should work.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 01:08:49 PM »
In a related question (in the wrong forum) -- if I have an R-9 (well, sort of), is there any reason to have an NAA Guardian .380?  Its only slighly smaller and noticeably heavier, right?  Are you still going to carry your G380?

Duane (DDGator)

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2004, 01:57:48 PM »
Hi Duane:

Guns are tools. The Guardian 380 footprint is still smaller than the Rohrbaugh. The R9 is at the cusp of what I consider as a pocketgun.

What I expect, in a couple of months, is that the R9s will become my new "always" gun. Actually my new "almost always" gun.

In the winter, my primary firearm will be my Glock 36. The R9s will be my "always" gun, with my Guardian 32 as a second BUG.

On business, the Guardian 380 will live in my overcoat as a coat gun. The Kel Tec 380, in a neck holster, will be used instead of my Guardian 32 as a second BUG when I wear sweat/warm-up pants. When I wear sweat pants, I use a clip-on holster and it doesn't work with the weight of the G380.

I'm a lawyer. Part of my practice, as well as two of my other partners, is to represent for free--I do not get paid at all--people who are mentally ill or developmental disabled. Many are "street people" for the lack of a better term. Some of these people live in very bad areas. When I visit them--the law requires that I do so 4 times a year--I am usually armed to the teeth. Not because I fear them, but rather I am concerned about the critters who live and "work" around them. My firm renewed its lease for another 10 years. As part of the renewal, my partners voted to put me and the other two who do the same thing as I on the same floor and to build for us a special "secure" lobby. When you work for in a law firm that represents businesses, land developers, does securities, and other general corporate work having the mental health or DD clients in the lobby bugs them to no end.

For example, today, Sunday, after 4 pm. I have to go to an adult foster care home to sign in one of my wards. She is a recent rape victim. She is 34 years old and also developmental disabled because when she was about 1.5 years old, her father, to have her stop crying, buried a 16 oz claw hammer into her head. Paralyzed along 1/2 of her body, she has an IQ of 50 and a mental age of 9. Someone has to care for her. That's part of what I do.

In the summer, my Guardian 380 will sit mostly in my gun safe.

Sometimes, I may rotate my Guardian 32 with Scarface, my original Seecamp 32, as a second BUG. Just to keep the Seecamp out of the safe once and a while. The only time I have used my Seecamp over the last 3 years is when my Guardian 32 was at Teddy Jacobson's last winter.

Offline K-Man

• Master
  • aka Someone Else
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2004, 02:23:32 PM »
Georgeh,

Glad to hear there are still attorneys out there that do actual pro bono work.  Too often they just pay the annual fee to get out of having to do it.  Good on you for your participation.

Am not trying to hijack the thread – just wanted to take a moment to recognize a noble cause.  Hopefully the hijack police won’t ding me.  :P
www.kdholsters.com

U.S. Navy (Retired)

May we always have the freedom to pursue our dreams.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2004, 02:32:09 PM »
This thread has taken a few odd turns -- but...it was largely my fault anyway!

Duane (DDGator)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2004, 04:04:40 PM »
George,

Did you ever get a chance to check the R-9 in that NAA gun rug?

Duane (DDGator)

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2004, 08:28:57 PM »
Not yet. I will most likely try tommorrow. Just have too much stuff going on over the last few days.