Author Topic: How to add an Avatar?  (Read 5601 times)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
How to add an Avatar?
« on: December 12, 2011, 10:39:09 PM »
 :-\  How can I add an Avatar from my picture file on Photobucket?
Thanks for the help. 
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
Re: How to add an Avatar?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 10:43:28 PM »
I think the first thing you have to do is get a hideous looking insect to sit on your eyeball…  Seriously, I don’t know, but Yank sure does…hopefully he’ll advise.  I put a pic up, but don’t recall how I did it.
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 06:57:03 AM »
:-\  How can I add an Avatar from my picture file on Photobucket?
Thanks for the help.

First post the avatar of your choice to a web photo hosting site such as Photobucket. Then click on the Profile tab (4th from the left near the top) on the Forum 's opening page. That will display a drop-down list that includes Forum Profile. Click on that and  you should be able to post the direct link to your avatar in the line displayed for that purpose. To change it you will see a Modify Profile option.

The same process applies to your personalized signature line.

Good luck!

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 08:05:03 AM »
Thanks Richard...I'll see what I can come up with for mine...  That old pic of me has gotten stale. 
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 09:22:23 AM »
Thanks Richard.  I'll try to get one on there when I get time this week.  I don't think I can top John's unless I drop by the ER on payday Friday about 10 pm.  John
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 06:02:58 PM »
Thanks Richard.  I'll try to get one on there when I get time this week.  I don't think I can top John's unless I drop by the ER on payday Friday about 10 pm.  John

That reminds me of an ER in West Africa (not to be further identified) that some of us called "Hotel California" . . . one of those places where you might check in but probably would never leave.    ::)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 06:29:20 AM by Richard S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 11:11:15 PM »
[/quote

That reminds me of an ER in West Africa (not to be further identified) that some of us called "Hotel California" . . . one of those places where you might check in but probably would never leave.    ::)

The only thing that I didn't see in training in Richmond, Va. that you could see in a war zone was napalm and white phosphorus injury.  Big city Saturday night knife and gun clubs are still active today, but the guns hold more rounds and are sometimes fully automatic.  Progress of sorts, I guess.  At least a lot of our big city "check-ins" managed to leave, tho God knows what they did with the second chance they were given.  At least in the military we took care of the good guys mostly.
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 10:53:47 PM »
Backup....you mention Willy Pete....perhaps we've chewed some of the same dirt.....
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 09:21:03 AM »
Nope, commanded a dispensary in Germany and flew medivacs from there to the states 1971/2.  Scheduled for Nam 3rd year, but were were starting to bail and was never sent.  Felt sort of left out at the time, but with a wife and 2 kids was also relieved.  Now know how lucky I was...several close friends served there, one as a battalion surgeon in combat engineers...ended up with decorations for taking over a machine gun during a fire fight (saved the outpost)....came back pretty badly screwed up.  Wish our politicians would keep us out of those things or just let us win them!
John

ps:  thank you for YOUR service Toad!
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis