Author Topic: I am so ashamed...  (Read 9932 times)

Offline PlayboyPenguin

• Sharpshooter
Re: I am so ashamed...
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2008, 12:37:07 AM »
I am too big a wuss for pistol grip shotguns.
"Laugh all you want, but when the zombies come we both know whose house you will be running to for protection."
[SIZE="1"]- My response to friends that laugh at me for collecting guns[/SIZE]

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member & Cert. Pistol Instructor
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2008, 10:01:50 AM »
Nice looking rig Richard, mine is much the same w/side saddle,flashlite and all. :)
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2008, 07:27:07 PM »
Newt:

Thanks for the kind remarks on the rig! It's a real handfull when stoked with 3-inch magnum shells.

Tracker:

That Marine Defender is indeed used these days to secure the perimeter at "Critter Gulch."  Actually, though, I originally bought it primarily for boat defense. This old Army type learned to sail on a week's leave while stationed in Germany back in the early 1960's. The chief instructor of the sailing school was an officer in the German Navy (then known as the "Bundesmarine," now the "Deutsche Marine"). He looked and acted the part, and -- von Gottes Gnaden -- when you completed his course, your pride was in tatters but you certainly did know how to handle a sloop-rigged sailboat!    :-/
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline riffraff

• Master
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2008, 08:27:14 PM »

I have a question.

I have heard that the powers that be do not look kindly on civilian vessels that have guns on them and it was darn near impossible to make port anywere except the U.S. if you had a gun on board.  What is the legal word on this issue.

Mike
NRA Benefactor Member
FCSA Life Member

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2008, 07:52:53 AM »

I have a question.

I have heard that the powers that be do not look kindly on civilian vessels that have guns on them and it was darn near impossible to make port anywere except the U.S. if you had a gun on board.  What is the legal word on this issue.

Mike

It's a complicated subject, but some of the yachting/cruising organizations provide guidance. Most (but certainly not all) foreign ports of call have no problem with a shotgun on a boat, although some require it to be declared and secured while the yacht is in port. This is one area in which the captain of the vessel needs to do his/her homework in advance.

Here's one link which may be of interest:

http://www.noonsite.com/Members/doina/R2005-12-09-3
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"