Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Rohrbaugh R-45

A 45acp design idea for new pilots at Rohrbaugh

<< < (2/4) > >>

ECR:
An update on the R45.

When we were being purchased by Remington last year, they did not show an interest in our R45 design at all and left it behind. They will most likely just introduce a .45 ACP of their own design. . . . . But ~ You never know.  ;)

mz368:
An update on the R45.

When we were being purchased by Remington last year, they did not show an interest in our R45 design at all and left it behind. They will most likely just introduce a .45 ACP of their own design. . . . . But ~ You never know.  ;)

First, welcome to the forum, Eric.  And thank you and Karl and all involved for making the sweetest carry pistol on the planet.

I was one who had a deposit on an R45 through Tom Watson, and even though larger than the R9, if the trigger mechanism felt the same, it would be an ideal belt (IWB or OWB) carry piece in combination with an R9.  The value of a consistent trigger feel cannot be overstated in carry pieces in my view.

I also have an original AMT backup in 45, and have wondered how that would be if translated into aluminum and steel with a reduced weight trigger.  The AMT is quite easy to conceal and if it were lighter and if made to R9 quality standards, it would have been amazing.

As for Remington leaving the 45 design on the table, I vote for that to be your's and Karl's next venture.  If it is, I'm in.

Chris

ECR:
Thank you Chris for the welcome. Much appreciated Sir. As for an R45 of some type in the future. . . . . . Well, we have just under four more years to go to think about such a venture due to our contract, or. . . . simply continue to enjoy our retirement process.

My new/old venture of delving back into the arts has been difficult but rewarding thus far. I may find it easier experimenting with my Avant-garde improvisations in a solo venue, rather than looking for other players of the same mindset. That is my supply issue difficulty at this time.   ;)

Richard S:

--- Quote from: ECR on March 01, 2015, 08:17:11 AM ---*** As for an R45 of some type in the future. . . . . . Well, we have just under four more years to go to think about such a venture due to our contract, or. . . . simply continue to enjoy our retirement process.

--- End quote ---

I waited two years for my R9.  I'll wait as long as it takes for the R45.   8)

dddonkey:
X2 I can wait for an R45!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version