Author Topic: "Do you feel any safer now than before 9/11?&  (Read 3973 times)

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
"Do you feel any safer now than before 9/11?&
« on: September 12, 2004, 12:12:58 PM »
Well, we got through 9/11/04 without another Terrorist attack.   That should answer one of  the Democrats *Talking points* questions,  "Do you feel any safer now than before 9/11?"  

My response :  We didn't conceive that a 9/11 event could even happen,   So we had no fear..., then  *The Towers* came down.   George W. Bush DID REACT  * and now I DO FEEL SAFER, thank you..

*William Jefferson Clinton did very little in response to the first Trade Towers attack, Embassy attack, the Marine Barracks attack,  the Cole attack.., and perhaps other things we don't know of..
RJ=

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: "Do you feel any safer now than before 9/
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 10:18:54 PM »
RJ:

And the choir said, "Amen!"

RS
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2004, 10:48:31 PM »
All I can say is ..... anything could happen - anytime.  I hope of course for nothing but - IMO the risk will always be there - to the extent that I feel we all have to be alert for idiosyncratic events and behaviors.  Not parania but - an extra awareness we may not once have had.

9/11 came out of nowhere ... I mean ...... Monday 10 I flew out of Heathrow airport in Uk ... arrived home late evening ..... just another day - pleased to be home.

Got up Tues 11 ....... and the rest is history ....... very painful history.

So - for me .. we are ''on the edge'' - potentially - any and all the time ..... doubt we can predict an event - as such .... just may be another day when in some way all hell breaks loose.  meantime ... we carry on ... and try and have a life.  Vigilance tho is for me of even greater importance than ever before and if we all ... increase this a bit - perhaps - just perhaps - we may nip something in the bud next time.  Too many folks hate us for me to feel secure .....
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline BillinPittsburgh

• Master
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 05:37:15 PM »
I'm glad we did what we did to go after those responsible but we learned little or nothing from it.  Airport security is a joke, with the signs in advance of security warning us not to take transformer toys on the plane, while most commercial cargo goes unchecked.  Our teachers are prohibited from carrying guns in schools to protect our kids while armored car guards are allowed to cross state lines armed regardless of state law when on duty (which do we love more, our money or our children).

Bush stayed with the kids for 7 minutes while his aides scrambled to find out more - a good decision.  Kerry sat where he was slack-jawed for 34 minutes, without even a clue of what to do.  Who do we want in charge?
Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.  Ancient Chinese proverb.

Offline FJC

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2004, 08:30:54 AM »
We all felt safe before 9/11 - it was 9/11 that made us realize how vulnerable we are.

So the real question is, are we safer now than we were on 9/12/2001?

I'd vote a resounding YES - and thus I'll be voting for GWB.
--Frank C. (FJC)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2004, 11:20:51 AM »
I agree with FJC.  I do NOT feel safer than I did at 8am on 9/11/01.  I personally did not concieve of an attack of that magnitude -- and certainly not from foreign sources.

The Oklahoma City bombing should have been more of a clue -- I read the book about it and everything.  But -- the fact that McVeigh was a domestic terrorist changed the dynamic a bit.  It was easier just to believe that he was nuts.

Do I feel safer than I did on 9/12/01?  Yes.  I also feel safer today than I did on 9/12/02.  So far -- the government is doing a pretty good job.  I appreciate W's stance on terrorism and the war.  I have no confidence in Kerry at all.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline michael_t

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2004, 08:46:44 PM »
When they close down the border with Mexico I feel a lot better. There all kinds of people coming across that border and Bush needs to close it down. You can't tell me the T's aren't crossing that way.Bush has made it a pain in the a## to fly ,but has do nothing about the border. Border Patrol do best they can but they need help. Possible 3 million will cross this year, How many will be coming to do us harm.NO I don't feel safer.
1941 Colt USGI
1972 Colt Combat Commander
1995 Colt Combat Commander
1990 Colt Mustang
PPK/S
Bersa Thunder