Author Topic: Ivan the Terrible  (Read 8747 times)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: Ivan the Terrible
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2004, 01:23:45 PM »
Jim,

In Florida, we still have thousands of people without power from Frances.  It seems ridiculous.  Good luck my friend.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline jimacp

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2004, 10:40:45 AM »
I don't know flyandscuba personally other than from this board, but I believe he was in a hard hit area. Anyone heard from him since Wednesday? I'm afraid his house may have been in an area of very high damage. I think he said he is in Escambia County, which was hit very hard.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2004, 10:52:07 AM »
Jim, the way it was looking .... I fear he will have been hit very hard.  We can hope for now that at least structurally he managed to get thru it all but probably power outage problems are gonna persist for ages.

I know he has the gen'y and 75 galls of gas but ... whether he is in a position to exploit that and even have a connection so as to be able to contact us, I doubt for now.  Probably he is having to clear up .... at best.  I wait with concern.

We have had the back end of Ivan up here .... flooding and some quite heavy wind gusts ... tornado warning last night was scary - it was very close - thankfully it expired.  Been out this morning surveying water and damage ... nothing of course compared with down South .. which I think is hard to even imagine.

Energetic weather has been beyond the norm this year ..... and doesn't seem over yet either. :(
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Last Edit: September 21, 2004, 09:03:27 AM by RHEDLEY »
RJ=

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
  • Ivan, Dennis, and Katrina - enough is enough!
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2004, 08:44:40 PM »
Hi All,

Just a quick message to check in.  My dog Ginger and I escaped Ivan with our lives.  However, my home (that was near the I-10 bridge that collapsed) did not.  The 40' storm surge took out the bottom story of the house (and the rental car in the garage).  The windstorm destroyed the third floor, leaving the second floor damaged where we rode the storm out.

At one point, I had a life preserver on the dog and one on myself, thinking the structure would come apart.

I've spent the last few days digging through the mud and slime salvaging what I can and placing it into storage.  The guns were safe, but I'll probably place many up for sale in the coming weeks to free up some assets for the rebuilding project.

Hopefully, State Farm and FEMA will look upon me with favor....

More later,
Bill
I'm not a gun expert -- but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Offline K-Man

• Master
  • aka Someone Else
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2004, 09:01:44 PM »
Bill:

So glad to hear that you (and your dog) made it through the storm.  Nothing is more precious than life itself.  We hope that you can rebuild what you had before.  Don't be shy about asking for help.

God bless.
www.kdholsters.com

U.S. Navy (Retired)

May we always have the freedom to pursue our dreams.

Offline Craigt

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2004, 09:35:41 PM »
Bill,

You don't know me but I have been worried sick for the last week.  Glad to hear from and that you came through unhurt physically (if not emotionally?).  Must have been some experience.  Don't know what I can do from PA but if there is anything please let me know.  

Hang in there.  Stuff can be replaced,  people cannot.

My prayers are with you.

Craig T.

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2004, 09:47:47 PM »
It's GOOD to hear from you..   We were worried....
RJ=

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2004, 10:18:58 PM »
Thanks for checking in Fly...  I am VERY sorry for your losses.  I am sure you will pick up the pieces and do well.  Let us know if we can help in any way.

For the time being at least, I have promoted you to "Hurricane Survivor" on your profile!

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline rtw

• Expert
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2004, 10:22:02 PM »
Thanks for checking in. We were all concerned. Sorry about the house and possessions. Glad that you're OK.

Did the plane escape damage?
Welcome home

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2004, 11:29:21 PM »
Bill .... oh my - so relieved to see you check in .. not knowing is half the thing with this.

I had an awful feeling you were gonna get hit this hard - just from reports and the shere severity of the storm ... a miracle that thankfully you are here to relate it.

I'll wager you were scared to the nth degree - I know I would have been (40' surge ... OMG) ... nature's power is so awesome and relentless .. and we mere mortals can do little but hun ker down and hope for best.

As Duane and Kevin said ... and others too - we are here and if there is any help we give even from afar ..... I too am PA so - hardly local.

Please check in when you can and ... be sure to ask for any help - may not be much we can do but moral support is guaranteed.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline Mr_Jody_Hudson

• Expert
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2004, 08:08:10 PM »
Sad to hear of your terrible loss. ??? :-[ :'(

Glad to hear you are physically well...
Delaware Real Estate = http://www.Kate-Jody.com

Offline jimacp

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2004, 09:24:32 PM »
alright!  glad to see you made it!!  bet that was quite a night!    I have some friends in your area and haven't been able to get in touch with them.....I assume they were hit hard like you.... I know you have a lot of work in front of you, so good luck and take care.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2004, 06:00:15 PM »
Fly:

I was very glad to read that you and your dog made it through that storm.  It had to be one hellishly wild ride!  I am truly sorry about the property damage and loss which you suffered and wish you all the best and God Speed on the restoration.  Stay safe.

RS
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
  • Ivan, Dennis, and Katrina - enough is enough!
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2004, 07:40:05 AM »
Thanks to all for the thoughts of concern and well wishes.

I'm tired from digging through the mud and slime...

I have placed a few guns available on the classifieds section.  Anyone interested please send me an email or PM.

Thanks.
I'm not a gun expert -- but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...