Author Topic: That .32ACP is a real man-stopper ... and idea for  (Read 13636 times)

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
Re: That .32ACP is a real man-stopper ... and idea
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2006, 11:08:00 PM »
They should ditch this new guy and recruit Chris as the next "007."   He could also serve as Technical Adviser to "Q."  8)

I concur!!!!
And we may have a bit more of velocity going towards the Bad guys.. 8)
Let's not forget to include the "Bikini Scene"  ;D

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2006, 09:54:28 PM »
You called :) ??!!!

Haha - bit long in the tooth to be 007 but maybe the experience and treachery of old age would still stand me in good stead ;D

As for ''Q'' - well i love inventing so - a position there would be good - in particular if explosives on the agenda!

Brit by birth I am but - know what - from the day I settled here I was feeling I was actually born to be an American - I just have to remind folks I talk ''funny'' :D  Once I got my citizenship last Sept 28 - it completed my rebirth - and I can and do now claim to be a very proud American. :)
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2006, 12:09:18 AM »
Chris - didn't realize you received your citizenship so recently- that is great!

What you said above reminds me what my grandfather said when he became a citizen many years ago by joining the Army in WWI to fight for his new country.

Wonder if there will ever be a push in Britian for a return of gun rights.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 12:11:34 AM by MountainMan »
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2006, 12:14:05 AM »
Good on you, mate!

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2006, 12:30:07 AM »
[size=13]Wonder if there will ever be a push in Britian for a return of gun rights.[/size]

Sadly Dave I fear not in our remaining lifetimes.  It would take something not far short of revolution for things to change for the better.  Too many sheep!

Plus - when a nation's law enforcement states that a large number of ''petty'' crimes will no longer be investigated and prosecuted, something really is badly wrong - added to which as ever the odds still seem to be on the side of the criminal regarding defence - it angers me that people cannot enjoy a simple right to self defence, without being prosecuted even when they are in the right.

Sad state of affairs.  ???
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2006, 09:10:51 AM »
Chris:

Congratulations!  The country is fortunate to have you.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2006, 10:10:23 AM »
Chris, you are a perfect picture of a new proud American.  ;D
Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2006, 03:24:32 PM »
Thank you guys for the compliments - not deserved but much appreciated.  

Glad to be associated with so many fine folks.
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline DTM_39

• Master
  • NRA LIFE MEMBER
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2006, 07:06:02 PM »
Chris You received your citizenship on my birthday. So I guess we received our citizenship on the same day sorta.  Glad to have you on our side. Dan
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Offline Paveway

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2006, 11:27:59 AM »
I used to have a Walther PP. The Fiocchi .32ACP 60gr. JHP are actually kinda nasty and the type of load the gun was really designed to shoot, not the wimpy stateside .32 loads. Out of a PP they have similiar energy to a standard pressure 9mm out of a Rohrbaugh. I didn't feel too undergunned with 8+1 of those in the gun.

I'm not saying it was designed to shoot JHP of course, my point is that the euro loads in that caliber are much hotter.

Exactly, PsychoSword!

And this is what gets me so torqued about folks here in the US saying that .32 (and .380) dont work. It's because there's few large guns with proper loads available. I would love to have a PP (NOT the PPK) in .32 with Fiocchi loads. Has anyone ever chronoe'd this gun/load combo? I guess a Bersa .32 would be the equivalent of this, maybe.

We Americans can get so stuck on bigger is better. Witness U.S. motorsports. There's too much horsepower to actually put to the ground in a lot of racing classes, but that's another rant for another forum.

I've read that the Tokyo PD issues Walther PP with .32 and in the past,  euro PD's issued this setup to the street cops. The .380 was for the station chief and detectives, and if you needed 9MM, then the antiterror/special ops folks would be on scene because you obviously had a serious problem to deal with.

It appears to me that the euros knew something when it comes to this subject. But then again, the Europeans did'nt have to deal with fanatical Moros in the Phillipines at the turn of the last century. And I would imagine that's where our want of bigger bullets comes from.