Author Topic: Some ''Eric'' Feedback  (Read 3754 times)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Some ''Eric'' Feedback
« on: July 19, 2004, 08:31:00 PM »
Just had a chat on phone with our Eric (and a few pleasant words with Karl too) ... bless the man .. as busy as he is he makes time to talk.  And when I say busy - I mean BUSY.... I doubt he'll quit today until mid to late evening!  

These guys are trying to hit 24 hr work on a 6 day week if they can ... so, anyone and everyone ''in the queue'' ... believe me ... your delay and wait is only going to be the minimum possible ..... concommitant with the usual high standard of QC.  THAT - anyone can be assured will NOT be compromized.  I know Eric and Karl wish that to be known to the full.

Some small tidbits of interest ...... the mags are made by ''Check-Mate'' ... and recently, as I understand Eric's description ... they have been setting up a CNC in house to make the followers there.  The ultimate intention will be - to have mags coming in all complete.

The LocTite they use on the grip screws .... which might be of interest ... is ''222MS'' .... apparently a sorta purlpish color...... exclusively intended for small thread screws.

The assembly lube they use - again for those interested .... is ''SuperLube''.

And finally for now .. Eric wishes me to express thanks to us lot here and sends his very best wishes.  We are very much a family and I know it is appreciated with regard to the support we have shown.

I also found out just how much the article in 'American Handgunner' has kicked things into higher gear!  Predictable but welcome too.... within the limitations of human endevor!!

This is one heck of a gunmaking team we are involved with ..... I salute these guys.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline Frenchy

Re: Some ''Eric'' Feedback
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 08:39:28 PM »
Wit the advent of the AH article, I can just about imagine the happiness and dread he must feel. The calm before the storm (if there has been a calm)!  ;D
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 08:39:54 PM by Frenchy »

Offline justin2992

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 09:13:36 PM »
Thanks for letting us know those extra tid bits.  I was planning on putting some locktite on the grip screws.  Now I know I don't need to.

The 1938 Nazi Weapons Law is alive and well in the United States, and is called, "The Gun Control act of 1968", and is enforced by the modern day gestapo, known as the BATF.

Offline FJC

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 09:15:45 PM »
Thanks for the update!  I'm anxious as all get-out to get mine, but of course I'd rather it take as long as necessary for it to be done right. :)
--Frank C. (FJC)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2004, 09:19:57 PM »
Justin ... I assume you mention ''no need to'' based on not having had them undone.  

Might be worth remembering tho - as Eric has said and I think they mention in the manual ... after some use it will always be worth a check on those on the right side grip panel .. because that side does contain and constrain a moving part - trigger transfer bar I imagine ... forget exactly.

If they did loosen excessively then there could be a problem.
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline justin2992

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2004, 09:28:09 PM »
I got the impression that the grip screws come from the factory with loctite on them.  Is this correct?
The 1938 Nazi Weapons Law is alive and well in the United States, and is called, "The Gun Control act of 1968", and is enforced by the modern day gestapo, known as the BATF.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2004, 09:34:05 PM »
Justin - AFAIK yes they do - would assume as much too .... but I remember when I first saw and shot my R9 back in March (Eric surprised me (pleasantly) when he appeared at a shoot with my gun and Jodey Hudson's as well!) before it actually got to me finally ..... he did make a point of saying how important it is to check these.

I daresay - with good prep'ing and application of the thread lock - they'll not shift .. it is thus a precautionary measure for most part.  A ''JIC'' measure.. (just-in-case). :)
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2004, 10:59:20 PM »
Chris:

Thanks for the posting.

"And the choir said, 'Amen'!"

(The Rohrbaugh brothers are truly "class acts.")

RS
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Mr_Jody_Hudson

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2004, 12:14:14 AM »
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmeeeeeeeeennnn! Amen, Amen.!  ;D
Delaware Real Estate = http://www.Kate-Jody.com