Author Topic: Advice  (Read 2291 times)

Offline dhutcheson

Advice
« on: August 23, 2005, 12:04:44 AM »
My interest is now surpassed by my desire. I do have a couple of questions for owners of the r9s though. I grip a gun fairly high so my question is does the slide bite when fired? Any dealers in TN have one available now?

Offline TW

• Grand Master
Advice
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 01:34:49 AM »
>>I have big hands and do not experience web bite with the R9.  However...my middle finger sure gets beaten up a bit inside the trigger guard.  ""Trigger Guard" - lol.  How about a "Finger Guard"...just a thought...TW<<

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
Re: Advice
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 03:13:53 AM »
I have a problem w. Glocks biting me, but none w. the rohrbaugh -- it actually seems to have plenty of clearance between the slide and the top of the grip.

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member &amp; Cert. Pistol Instructor
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 09:10:08 AM »
I also have large hands and the R9 does not bite me!
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 10:00:39 AM »
I don't have a problem either.  I don't recall hearing any reports of slide bite here.

I have only gotten sliced up good twice.  Once with a Walther TPH, and once with a 1911.  I was in a class and we were doing alternative shooting positions.  I was holding the 1911 in my weak hand, and brought the strong had up for support and put it in a revolver-like position (WRONG!) and drew all kinds of blood.  The transition to weak hand grip threw me all out of whack and I reverted to my previous training!
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 10:16:06 AM »
I used to get a "slide bite" now and then from my old Walther PPK, but I've not experienced the problem with my R9s.    
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Rocnerd

• Master
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 10:40:59 AM »
I've been bit by my Sig 232 (Walther PPK clone) but not a nibble from the Rohrbaugh.

Offline TW

• Grand Master
Advice
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2005, 11:13:31 AM »
I've been bit by my Sig 232 (Walther PPK clone) but not a nibble from the Rohrbaugh.

>>Yeah...  You gotta watch those Sig 232s...  They will eat you for breakfast, sliced and diced.  I have permanent scars from mine.  Interestingly, my PPKS is good to me, go figure...TW<<

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2005, 03:49:52 PM »
I replaced my PPK with my R9S.    Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus