Author Topic: EEZOX?  (Read 15567 times)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
EEZOX?
« on: February 15, 2012, 06:30:10 PM »
The Seecamp forum guys (and Larry Seecamp) strongly recommend the use of Eezox to clean, lubricate and protect their pistols.  It has apparently been used by the military in the middle east, and is a dry lubricant that doesn't collect dust and grit.  Any thoughts/experience with use on this forum?
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: EEZOX?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 06:37:59 PM »
Yep!  That's what I use; switched from Ballistol.  The Eezox is really some good stuff.  The Ballistol is good too, just like the smell better of the Eezox.  My wife doesn't complain now, when I clean the guns.    :)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 06:48:30 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 06:55:09 PM »
I use it but have recently started using the Frog Lube.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 07:15:47 PM »
I use it but have recently started using the Frog Lube.

Haven't tried the Frog Lube yet, but I'm sure it's really good, as well.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 08:39:14 PM »
The Seecamp forum guys (and Larry Seecamp) strongly recommend the use of Eezox to clean, lubricate and protect their pistols.  It has apparently been used by the military in the middle east, and is a dry lubricant that doesn't collect dust and grit.  Any thoughts/experience with use on this forum?

I have used it for many years on my guns....great on tools also....I still use a small amount of Wislon grease on the rails of my 1911's if I'm shooting 200 rounds or more between cleanings.....I always tell my friends to try Eezox and if they can honestly tell me it is not the best product they have used I will buy all they have left...........I have no connection to Eezox
http://www.eezox.com/
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 11:25:57 PM »
I, too, use the Wilson lube on my 1911's, and have used it on the rails of the R9.  Have just received 3 cans of the Eezox, but haven't used it yet.  Time to try.  Thanks for the input.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 07:01:35 AM »
I, too, use the Wilson lube on my 1911's, and have used it on the rails of the R9.  Have just received 3 cans of the Eezox, but haven't used it yet.  Time to try.  Thanks for the input.

If you don't like it I'll buy it from you.
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline Dire_Straits

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 08:02:14 AM »
How does Eezox compare to Gun Butter?
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, said the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. Revelation 1:8

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 05:28:12 PM »
How does Eezox compare to Gun Butter?

I have know idea........ buy some Eezox and try it if you don't like it I'll buy from you.....I'm getting low..... ;)
I have been using it for many years....when I bought my first Seecamp that is  what they recommended........YMMV
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 05:31:32 PM by Jack_F »
NRA Life Member

Offline Trailblazer

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 07:43:44 PM »
Eeezox really works well but I can't stand that smell..
Trailblazer Investigations Inc

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 07:52:17 PM »
That's strange, I like the smell.

Nothing like opening the box of a new Seecamp and getting a big whiff of EEZOX!

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 07:59:47 PM »
That's strange, I like the smell.

Nothing like opening the box of a new Seecamp and getting a big whiff of EEZOX!

LOL........ ;D
NRA Life Member

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 08:06:52 PM »
Eeezox really works well but I can't stand that smell..

Just smelled my 1911( sick isn't it?)............nothing?.......once the carrier has evaporated there is very little smell..wipe off any excess before it dries... :)
NRA Life Member

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 01:26:17 AM »
I personally wouldn't use EEZOX.

It has chlorinated esters in it, and chlorinated esters - even tiny amounts can cause Chloride Stress Corrosion Cracking, especially in stainless steel.

EEZOX claims that the amout of chlorinated ester in their cleaning solution is so low that it won't negatively affect the metal in guns, but IMO, there are enough alternative cleaners and lubes out there that are chlorine free that I'd much rather use those.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 07:35:45 AM »
Good point Count...I didn't know that when I bought mine.  See Thor's thread on lubrication, just reposted for some excellent info on lubricants.
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis