Author Topic: R380 accuracy?  (Read 5488 times)

Offline guncats

R380 accuracy?
« on: July 14, 2014, 12:04:10 AM »
I tried out a little Glock 42 today at the range and compared it with my R9. The G42 is about 1/2" longer, but other dimensions are about the same. The G42 is a little lighter, and it is 2x as accurate as my R9 ( with the G42 I was getting 5~6" 5-shot groups at 25yd, off hand; To get the same size groups with my R9 I had to reduce the distance to 12yd).

Which makes me curious, how accurate is the R380?

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: R380 accuracy?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 09:33:36 AM »

I got 1.25 inches at 15 feet.  I'm sure I shot it at longer distances, but I don't recall how it opened up.  25 yards is a long way to shoot a gun this small.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/rohrbaugh-380-elegant-and-effective/

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline steveb99

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 10:39:47 PM »
At 7 yards I would get about 3 inch + groups which I thought was great for my 380. I never shot it any further than that because I never thought I would use it at a distance grater than 21 feet. I use my larger pistols for longer ranges.  You have sparked my curiosity though and I will try a few shots at 25 yards when I go to the range the next time!  Thanks!

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 09:10:27 AM »
Small carry pieces are meant for close work (hence the term "belly gun").  Accuracy declines with shorter sight picture, but also to be considered is the effect of increasing distance on ballistics/penetration.  At 25 yards I'd favor a shotgun; at 50, a black rifle....? maybe an RPG?  Still, it is comforting to be able to reach out past your likely distance for a "social engagement" of consequence with your pocket pistol.  Great shooting with your G42 Guncats!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis