Author Topic: COLT'S GOVERNMENT MODEL .22 LR  (Read 8245 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
COLT'S GOVERNMENT MODEL .22 LR
« on: February 18, 2012, 06:38:34 PM »
Article in American Rifleman on Colt's Government Model .22 Long Rifle; interesting.

http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/colts-government-model-22-review/
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
Re: COLT'S GOVERNMENT MODEL .22 LR
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 11:13:31 PM »
Article in American Rifleman on Colt's Government Model .22 Long Rifle; interesting.

http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/colts-government-model-22-review/

Bring back the ACE.............. ;)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 11:19:28 PM by Jack_F »
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline coyote

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 12:01:25 PM »

sure ain't no Ace.

but i do wonder if the new 12-rd magazine will interchange with the old Ace units. would be nice to be able to have a cheaper mags to beat up, seeing that Ace 10-rd mags can bring as much as $75 and up...
if it isn't a rohrbaugh, its too darn big

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 12:14:52 PM »
If there was ever 1 gun that I regret selling the most, it would have to be my Ace.  I still dream about her!
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 12:35:10 PM »

There was no zinc alloy used in the Ace.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 06:25:44 PM »
And no MIM parts or plastic mainspring housing either. My new Colt XSE Commander had a plastic mainspring housing as did my Kimber Ultra CDP. :o
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 06:51:59 PM »
If there was ever 1 gun that I regret selling the most, it would have to be my Ace.  I still dream about her!

Roger that.............. :'(
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 10:35:31 AM »
I have been considering a new 22 pistol to replace my Walther P22, the M&P 22 was at the top of the list. This may be another option. ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 12:08:15 PM »
I have been considering a new 22 pistol to replace my Walther P22, the M&P 22 was at the top of the list. This may be another option. ;D

I've been looking for one as well; could be a consideration.    :)   
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 12:42:27 PM »
I have posted about this conversion unit before but I have been so impressed with them I will bring it up again.  Check out this website:

http://www.marvelprecision.com/unit1.php

Mine came with a 10 shot target with the group meassuring .86 inch at 50 yards.  Not 50 feet but 50 yards!  If you have a 1911 target type pistol like most shooters have, add this unit for a competition ready 22 LR.  It takes about 2 minutes to change from 45 to 22.  It is a great product.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 02:24:00 PM »
More info on the Colt Government Model .22 LR; comes in three variations; Government models 1911, 1911 Rail Gun, and 1911 Gold Cup; retail price range $399 to $499 depending on model

http://www.colt22rimfire.com/index.php?page=colt-1911

Watch the videos on the Colt .22's should you care to do so.

http://www.colt22rimfire.com/index.php?page=videos

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2012, 04:07:18 PM »
It looks like a nice conversion unit and there are a lot of options but for $370 + I would rather have another gun.
   I have never been a big fan of multi use items anyway because it always seems to be set up the opposite of what I want and needs to be changed before I can use it. :o

After thinking about it a little more, I'm going to go with the M&P 22, as much as I like the 1911 style I'm looking for something to carry on the ATV and the polymer frame will work out better for that.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 04:17:25 PM »
It looks like a nice conversion unit and there are a lot of options but for $370 + I would rather have another gun.
   I have never been a big fan of multi use items anyway because it always seems to be set up the opposite of what I want and needs to be changed before I can use it. :o

After thinking about it a little more, I'm going to go with the M&P 22, as much as I like the 1911 style I'm looking for something to carry on the ATV and the polymer frame will work out better for that.

It all depends on the intended use of the pistol I guess.  I have a Gold Cup that has had alot of work done on it and the trigger is just right for me.  My only use for a 22 lr is inside target shooting in the winter and this fits the bill for me.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 05:08:58 PM »
I do like the looks of the Colt .22 better than the M & P, however,  no decision yet.  The M & P feels really good, haven't tried or seen the Colt, except the photos.

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 06:38:09 PM »

I've been looking for one as well; could be a consideration.    :)

I bought the new Browning 1911A1 222LR it is a lot of fun to shoot.......it is only 85% of full 1911 size
NRA Life Member