Author Topic: Anyone have a spare R9 frame???  (Read 2559 times)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Anyone have a spare R9 frame???
« on: January 11, 2020, 04:36:56 PM »
My Covert ate another slide pin and damaged the rail just above the pin hole on the ejection side...now has an open defect and IMO cannot be fixed, leaving me with a parts gun.  If anyone has a frame in good shape for sale, please PM me.

Thanks!
John
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
Re: Anyone have a spare R9 frame???
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 11:47:53 AM »
Keep an eye on Gunbroker to see if anyone is selling a pistol with a cracked slide.  That is how I got lucky.  If you find one, it should be at a fraction of a working version.

(Once again, this reminds me to thank Eric again for his assistance in getting that R9s up and running.)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 05:50:40 PM »
You're welcome Mike.
Ref a new frame. . . . . I believe we sent some to Williams when Remington made the purchase, but those were prototypes and most likely would need work to be usable. The .380 frames we had, which were the same frame with serial numbers for that caliber, I had to cut in half, take photographs to show they were destroyed and then they were scraped. What a shame there. As mentioned, look for an R9 with a bad slide and grab that to make use of the frame.

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 02:13:57 PM »
Thank you both.  Will do!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline PsychoSword

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2020, 08:03:24 PM »
Dang, I would hope that Remington could provide a replacement frame.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2020, 10:09:23 PM »
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2020, 10:35:30 AM »
This is the cheapest I've seen yet...

https://www.armslist.com/posts/11210364/phoenix-arizona-handguns-for-sale--rohrbaugh-r9--9mm

That is a good deal for one of the last ones produced.  IIRC that should have every update integrated.

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2020, 12:06:53 PM »
What would the minimum price be for just a frame?  It seems like $500 for the above complete gun would be a better deal than finding a bare frame to reassemble.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2020, 06:15:29 PM »
I agree that it may be wise to buy the whole thing at $500 because it is probably a low likelihood that one could find a cracked slide R9 at this point. The reason I say this is because the cracked slides were limited to a certain time frame and the factory replaced those few slides.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2020, 08:57:03 PM »
I tried to go back and see what I paid for the broken one I bought 3+ years ago and could not.  Even data on gunbroker was gone.  I can find the thread where I showed picture of it finished, but not the one where the purchase amount was mentioned.  One poster did seem to point to a number close to or over $600.