Author Topic: ShipMyGun  (Read 2891 times)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
ShipMyGun
« on: September 06, 2023, 02:03:20 PM »
I don't know how it is in your area, but for someone without a FFL, like me, it is getting very hard to ship handguns.

A friend of mine's family had a Pawn Shop and dealt in a lot of guns for over 40 years.  My friend's Mother died and he decided to close the shop up as business had declined.  He always helped me with shipping guns at a reasonable rate.  None of the stores around here really want to mess with it as the ATF, UPS, USPS, and FedEx are all getting hard to deal with.

I have read about ShipMyGun but have never tried it or known anyone well who has used it. 

Bud's Guns has negotiated a deal with UPS where non-FFLs can ship their handguns Second Day Air at reasonable rates.  The shipper goes on line at ShipMyGun.com and fills out the questions and ShipMyGun sends back a quote for shipping.  Insurance is available at $1.00 per $100.00 if the shipper requests it.  Once you accept their deal, they email you a shipping label and you drop off the handgun at your UPS owned shipping point with no questions asked.  You have to include a copy of your Driver's License for the receiving FFL Dealer.

I just sold a Laugo Alien and the shipping from Iowa to Cleveland was $87.00 of which $50.00 was insurance.  The buyer requested insurance.

All in all I was very pleased with how easy it was and the buyer and his FFL were equally pleased. 

I recommend you try it.  Fast and easy and you do not have to depend on someone else to get the package to the shipper.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Re: ShipMyGun
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2023, 06:36:31 PM »
Very interesting. I too am having the same problems with the libtard franchisees & USPS & FedEx. I will try them out. Thanks for the heads up.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2023, 07:38:06 PM »

The only catch to it is you have to take it to a UPS Company owned store or terminal.  The UPS private outlets and the Walgreen's dropoff's can't take firearms.

The UPS Terminal is a short 5 minutes away for me so it is handy.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2023, 05:12:04 PM »
Yeah, don't like non-corporate UPS stores.  Local one will not even ship optics, tried returning a defective EOTech through them.  Anything even remotely related to a firearm in their store they get triggered, have a panic attack, probably get days off and counseling because of it.

>:(