Author Topic: Merry Christmas  (Read 2972 times)

Offline Griff

• Expert
Merry Christmas
« on: December 25, 2015, 12:20:31 AM »
Merry Christmas to you all.
May you have peace that passes all understanding from the Father of Lights.
Behold, the Lamb.

‘Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.‘
- C. S. Lewis

Offline johnny

• Master
Re: Merry Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 08:04:27 AM »
  Yes,you too Griff,
  Maybe cheesy but maybe some may want to share their favorite Christmas.
     I will tell you mine.I grew up in Waukesha,Wi.Ended up in Viet Nam in 1967.One day,a week or so before Christmas, I go down to mail call and I here guys saying to me ,"heh You got a real Christmas tree in the mail."They were right.It seems some landscape outfit in Waukesha would package up a real tree and send it to sons or husbands of soldiers there.They only asked that the cost of the shipping would to be covered.Never really thought about what he did til many years later,especially when I had left,it wasn't on the best of terms.
           Our platoon put that tree up,decorated it with who knows,and guys from other companies would come into our hooch and sit around it,bulshit and drink beer.It was pretty cool.

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 09:52:10 AM »
     Oops!
  I failed to mention who sent the tree---My dad
  Bad proof reading here on my part!  :o

Offline Griff

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 08:56:58 PM »
Thanks Johnny for sharing your story, not cheesy at all. Thank you as well for your service.

‘Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.‘
- C. S. Lewis

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 09:20:46 AM »
Sorry ~ I have been quite busy "doing things". . . . .

. . . . Merry Christmas! . . . .
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 02:54:12 PM »
  Being Santa ?

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2015, 08:40:33 PM »
Yeah ~ That too. . . . but just busy with music and the house and a motorcycle restoration and . . . . . . . life.   lol
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.