Author Topic: briefcase holster  (Read 2231 times)

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
briefcase holster
« on: June 27, 2006, 03:18:09 AM »
I need to have a briefcase holster made for my 5" XD 45.  I'd like to have one made from Kydex, but the only company that I know of that does it, told me that I would have to take the gun to them in person in FL.  

I'd like to be able to order one from someone -- any interested holster makers on here feel free to PM me -- made in either leather or kydex.

However, if that's not possible -- can anyone offer to give me some help on how I should make one?  I'm thinking about buying an uncle mike's holster and mag pouch and screwing it/gluing it to some type of board to make a holster -- I can get any type of plastic from my neighbor -- he custom fabricates plastic.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline hedrok

• Expert
Re: briefcase holster
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 11:04:24 AM »
Fist has a whole series of things that might work.  I have a pocket holster for a Steyr that I use as a cross draw in a inside waist height pocket in the winter....butt-ugly and really does the job.  Usually pretty good service and fair pricing.  For what it is, I'd recommend it.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 11:07:29 AM »
Uncle Mike's offers a Police Briefcase with Holster Compartment which might be of interest:

http://www.copquest.com/40-1000.htm
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline BamaTex

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 11:26:58 PM »
Ag,
I have a briefcase holster at work. The briefcase is made of ballistic nylon and the holster is inside a pouch on the side. Side pouch is velcroed and the holster is inside, also velcroed.  Holster was large enough for a Beretta 92. And I think it has a mag pouch. If you are really interested, I will see who makes it. It was given to me at work. I have a feeling it will run you around $150, more or less.
Dang near indestructable.
Terry