Author Topic: HELP PLEASE  (Read 6523 times)

Offline Wheedum

HELP PLEASE
« on: December 05, 2008, 07:12:03 PM »
Brand new R9s.  At the range, 3 mags fired (18 rounds) total.  Then.....  The slide would no longer go back more than 1/2 inch.  After trying around 100 times (NO Kidding) it finally slipped past that point and racked all the way.  It racked several times after, then would lock up every now and then.  When I say "locked up", I mean it would only go back 1/2 inch, but when I let go the gun would go back into battery......  Thorough cleaning and lube.....  Still does it.  Sometimes it will rack if I switch hands w/ it.  It's like something is not quite clearing in the action.  No gross wear spotted in the internals.  Thank You in advance for your help.  

Offline Slick

• Sharpshooter
Re: HELP PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 07:45:57 PM »
I'd check the pin that holds the slide on first.  That approx 1/2" back.  Maybe its not in correctly?

Offline Wheedum

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 08:20:31 PM »
Thanks, but it's not the problem.  The top front of the chamber is not clearing the slide as the barrel drops down.  Any thoughts here???
Thanks Again!!!

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 12:41:51 PM »
I had a similar experience after reassembly; i.e., the slide would only
retract about half an inch or so. I disassembled it again after lining up
the guide rod more carefully when seating it and the slide racked back
normally. This may not be exactly the same thing you are experiencing
but just thought it may be helpful to pass along.

Offline Wheedum

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 11:00:13 PM »
Much work later, it finally works.  Sounds like some "custom" 1911 B.S..  "Such quality that you have to do your own work on it".  Cmon Glock, make one that works.  Had to do all the Dremel work that Rohrbaugh should have done.  If my life would have depended upon it, I would be dead.  Seems to be working now.  I will post what the Rohrbaugh company says about refinishing my "custom" work for free.  Anything less is unacceptable.  If I sound pissed, I am.  I'm used to GREAT guns @ 1/2 the price.  Love the size and weight, but NOTHING matters if the damn thing doesn't go BANG.  I'm not some trash talking "range-jockey".  I need a tool to protect innocent lives.  Cmon Rohrbaugh, don't sell it till it works.          To be continued...

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 01:04:20 PM »
ease up big guy, I know you are upset. Call Rohrbaugh and visit with them about what happened.  Please let us know how things are now.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Wheedum

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 05:16:21 PM »
Just to keep posted on the progress w/ my R9S.  The gun won't be sent back to Rohrbaugh until after the holidays, but I did get to speak with Rohrbaugh on the phone.  Now, I can't say the problem is resolved yet, but I CAN say without a doubt that my phone conversation w/ "Maria" was the B E S T customer service experience I've had in my 20+ years of carrying a pistol.  No B.S..  Very friendly.  AND, now get this all of you who have alot of customer service experience w/ custom pistol makers, APOLOGETIC for my trouble!!!  I almost blacked-out.  To be continued...

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 05:56:01 PM »
That's Maria, she really cares. It will get taken care of right.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 06:33:03 PM »
What Tom said!   8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Wheedum

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 07:01:36 AM »
Got the R9 back from Rohrbaugh.  It took them 3 weeks!!!?  I'm out the overnight shipping w/ insurance.  They paid the return.  Again, very helpful customer service.  Spoke w/ Karl Rohrbaugh personally.  Nice guy, very helpful.  The gun was gone over w/ no problems found.  I had already removed the bur 6 months ago, so there was apparently nothing left to do.  Gun now runs fine as long as I feed it Gold Dot 115's.  And ONLY Gold Dot 115's....  Did I mention O N L Y Gold Dot 115's!  This has truly been a royal pain, but I would do it again to have the gun as it now functions.  The perfect backup to my Glock 23, and the ultimate pocket pistol / deep conceal.  

BTW.... For what it's worth, this gun is very accurate for it's size.  

Thanks to all for listenin to the bitchin!  Cheers

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 10:06:58 AM »
Great to hear that it now works!!  Thanks for letting us know the results.  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln