Author Topic: My Ring of Fire - Revolver Style!!!  (Read 2484 times)

Offline FireBreather01

• Expert
My Ring of Fire - Revolver Style!!!
« on: April 12, 2006, 01:09:34 AM »

My 9mm revolvers -

Clockwise from top:
Ruger Police Service Six blu, Ruger Speed-Six blu, Ruger Speed-Six ss, Gemini Customs Ruger SP-101 ss, Gemini Customs Ruger Speed-Six ss, S&W 940 3" ss, Charter PitBull ss, Charter PitBull blu, S&W 547 3" blu, S&W 547 4" blu

I'm not sure how I got started on these - I think it was the SP-101 that first attracted my attention. Then I had Marc Morganti work his magic on it, and that looked so good I sent him a pretty beat-up Speed-Six and he truly made it into a work of art. Both have trigger pulls that are quite smooth. I don't think I've ever seen another Gemini Speed-Six - it's really a neat conversion. Marc's work is something special and he's a great guy with which to work, he's now customized 3 guns for me.

It's hard to pick out a favorite amongst all of these - even the Charters are fairly rare and I feel lucky to have one of each - they shoot only Federal rimmed 9mm, a rarity in itself of which I have a couple of boxes (upper left corner). I really like the Police Service Six - I've never seen another one in 9mm and I know that there are a few ss ones out there as well - I came within a whisker of getting one of those but lost out after the seller decided he couldn't part with such an unusual gun.

The S&W guns are getting harder to find, too. The 940 is the rarer 3" version and is a really handy little gun with a great trigger.  

One of the problems with collectibles is that the owners sometimes don't realize what they have and after an offer is made and they start to wonder why I want it! If it's a private seller I offer a decent price as I don't want to be accused of being underhanded - maybe that, and the gleam in my eye, is why I sometimes don't close a deal! I'm still looking for a ss Police Service Six!!!

Another view -

Attitude is Everything
NRA Lifer, Instructor

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: My Ring of Fire - Revolver Style!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 01:49:14 AM »
FB - love it!!  Work of art.

I could see a print of that on gun room wall - along with those lovely posters by Speer etc - of the bullet options!

Lovely set of wheelguns tho I see a tendency to shorter tubes.

If I laid out thusly I would not make it as pretty as I have long tubes too.  May just try this tho for giggles sometime and see if I can achieve a ''ring of fire'', but with less symmetry.

Nice work - enjoyable post.  Wheel guns rock :)
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline FireBreather01

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 12:03:32 PM »
Thanks for the comments, Chris!

Lovely set of wheelguns tho I see a tendency to shorter tubes.

I have other revolvers as well, these are just my nines. The 9mm's are shorter barreled because their primary intent, and my interest, is in using them as carry guns for self-defense. In fact, the only 9mm revolvers that I can recall having barrels any longer than 4" are the Ruger Blackhawk 357/9mm convertibles.

Now that you mention it, one of these days maybe I'll circle all of my revos and post a pic with them as well!
Attitude is Everything
NRA Lifer, Instructor

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 12:18:46 PM »
FB:

[glb]Beautiful![/glb]

(The green is for envy.   ;)  )
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"