Author Topic: R9S for sale @ Gun Broker  (Read 4499 times)

Offline Bob79

R9S for sale @ Gun Broker
« on: July 13, 2005, 11:13:24 AM »
It has one day left at gunbroker.com, there is no reserve and starts at only $839.  I bought my 342PD from this seller and was very happy with them.   Just thought I'd pass it along since I don't really have the $ for the gun right now. Happy hunting!

Offline ob3640

Re: R9S for sale @ Gun Broker
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 09:17:48 AM »
Two more showed up on GunBroker - one used and a new R9S

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
  • Ivan, Dennis, and Katrina - enough is enough!
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 04:58:08 PM »
I snagged the used one this morning -- and picked it up about an hour ago.  It's in sweet LNIB condition -- a great price too, especially since it was a FTF transaction involving no shipping of transfer fees.

I can't wait to go shoot it -- can't believe I finally got my hands on an R9s!

RJ, I'll be ordering a holster pronto!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 04:58:55 PM by flyandscuba »
I'm not a gun expert -- but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 06:51:15 PM »
I snagged the used one this morning -- and picked it up about an hour ago.  It's in sweet LNIB condition -- a great price too, especially since it was a FTF transaction involving no shipping of transfer fees.

I can't wait to go shoot it -- can't believe I finally got my hands on an R9s!

RJ, I'll be ordering a holster pronto!

Great Catch-and a great deal... 8)
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 11:45:51 PM »
So Fly,
   How does the new pup feel & shoot? I know, Great! I can't wait for mine to come in. It won't be soon enough for me. Glad you got yours. Maybe it's just a little reward for all you've been through with the weather and all. Do you still have that Ti hammerless in purple. What a looker! lol.

Take care and enjoy the new pup!
Mike
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 11:46:54 PM by doubletapMike »
doubletapMike

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2005, 11:50:04 PM »
I ordered my holster and mag holder from RJ when I ordered my R-9S. With a little luck they'll both be here around the same time. ( Brass chop stick too.) Then it's off to the range and the fun starts...!
doubletapMike

Offline outlawyr

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2005, 03:34:59 PM »
Flyandscuba:

Did you ask the seller for info on the used R9S you bought?  There is some history there that might interest you.  I was still willing to bid on it (and did, but you beat me  :P), so it's not a major concern.

I won a bid at $955 for one of the R9S guns from the seller in Louisianna.   :)  They seem to have a supply, since they seem to list one R9S a week (always starting at $839.00 and so far they are selling for $955-$987).  I'll let you know what it looks like when it arrives.  I think the new seller who started at $1100 is kidding himself and I e-mailed him to say so.  Now that the supply is picking up, I think that's way too much premium.   :P

No local dealers had any near me so I was willing to pay 10-20% over,   :-/ but beyond that is not necessary.

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
  • Ivan, Dennis, and Katrina - enough is enough!
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2005, 04:37:53 PM »
Outlawyr,

I learned that the gun was owned by an LEO who had a FTE and lost confidence in the gun as a back-up.  It was sent back to the factory and on Jul 13th had the barrel tuned and the extractor spring replaced.  It was hand cycled and test fired and received a clean bill of health (report included in the box).

The gun looks new to me, and at the price (giving the going rate) -- I had no discomfort in completing the transaction.

I'm taking it to the range this afternoon -- we'll see how it does...
I'm not a gun expert -- but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Offline outlawyr

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2005, 04:50:24 PM »
That's what I heard from the seller too.  It still sounded like a good deal, especially since the factory had looked at it.  Since I buy a lot on auctions, I am glad to hear that the story holds up and I hope you get good use from the gun.

Offline outlawyr

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2005, 04:48:04 PM »
Update on the Gunbroker.com auctions.  The R9S I won for $955 from Elliots has arrived at my dealer - will post report when I pick it up.  Pretty good service so far.  :)

The R9S that was listed to start at $1100 did not sell (twice - it was relisted immediately and didn't sell the second time either), as predicted.   ;D

One R9 that was listed to start at $950 also did not sell.

Another R9 that was started at $959 and ends in three days still has no bids.

The other R9S listed by Elliots in Louisianna is now at $965 and ends early tomorrow AM.

Based on this (and the auctions I watched for two weeks before), I would say that the market price for an R9S is now below $1,000 (in the mid-900s) and even less for an R9.  Keep in mind that for auctions you do have to add about $40 to $50 to the final price to account for shipping and dealer tansfer fees, but that is little different than paying sales tax at many on-site dealers (depending on your state).

At the very least, you shouldn't have to pay more than $950 or $960 for a NIB R9S anymore.

Good news for us buyers.   ;D

Offline cobb

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2005, 01:32:27 PM »
My second R9s just arrived at my FFL, base price was $889.  With shipping and FFL transfer fees, total price was $935.

So guys, there are some out there on dealer shelves, at least the dealer I got mine from has a couple left per our conversation this morning.  Do some looking and you can get them cheaper than what they are going for on GunBroker.
"Pain and discomfort are a great teacher." - cobb

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING - Mankato, MN. - DPS/BCA approved training organization.
NRA & UTAH certified instructor.
www.RiverValleyTraining.com