Author Topic: Delivery Time  (Read 3947 times)

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
  • Ivan, Dennis, and Katrina - enough is enough!
Delivery Time
« on: June 08, 2004, 11:20:42 AM »
I spoke with Eric this morning (he actually called me!), in reference to an email I had sent regarding the delivery time of my R9s through LISC.

Business is picking up -- the current estimated delivery time for "new" orders is now 4-5 months.  He said he is concentrating on the grey frame models.  So, ordering silver will not help you get it sooner.

But I do have good news!  He said the batch ordered by LISC was next in line, so I should have mine by the end of the month! (He even changed my originally requested silver frame to grey)

I'm not a gun expert -- but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Offline dmobrien2001

• Sharpshooter
Re: Delivery Time
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 05:06:35 PM »
Eric called me also in response to email I sent him off his web page.  How cool is that when the owner, president, chief designer, etc., calls you about ordering his product!  He took my name and cell phone number and put my name in the work queue.  Should be 3-4 months from now.  I'm relocating from Ohio to Florida but won't be down their until 3-4 months, so whereever I'm at when mine is ready, I'll contact a local FFL to "order" it for me.  Way cool.

(In the mean time, I purchased a Kahr PM9.  Shot it today. First 100 rounds of WallyWorldWhite box 115gn FMJ. 100 rounds of Perfection! So looks like I'll have two pocket rockets when my R9S comes along.)

Oh, he warned me that delivery times are going to go way up owing to next months COVER story on the R in several leading gun magazines. Interest will sky rocket.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 06:33:11 PM by dmobrien2001 »
- Dan

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 05:21:58 PM »
Yes, Eric Rohrbaugh's customer service is unmatched!

Sadly, my experience with LISC deteriorated due to poor business practices on their part.  See the other thread: http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=Classifieds;action=display;num=1085073175

However, Eric came through and saved the day!  My R9s will be going to a local Florida dealer with no delay in delivery date!

Offline L.I.SHOOTING_CTR.

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 10:03:46 PM »
FLYANDSCUBA:

YOU DID CALL TWICE IN A ROW TODAY, AND YES, I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS BOTH TIMES.  
WE DO SPEAK WITH ALL OF OUR CUSTOMERS PERSONALLY AT THE LONG ISLAND SHOOTING CENTER. WE TRY TO ANSWER EVERY QUESTION, AND HELP OUR CUSTOMERS WITH THEIR EVERY NEED. THIS FORM OF FRIENDLY PERSONAL SERVICE DOES TAKE TIME. WE WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS VIA E-MAIL IN A TIMELY FASHION.
OUR EMAIL ADDRESS IS email@lisc.net, OUR WEB SITE IS www.lisc.net WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU VERY SOON.

OUR NEXT SHIPMENT IS DUE IN VERY SHORTLY.
I JUST HAPPEN TO HAVE ONE EXTRA R9 AVAILABLE AS OF 6:10 pm TODAY, IN CASE ANYONE IS INTERESTED!

THANK YOU.

MIKE,
LONG ISLAND SHOOTING CENTER

BY THE WAY, I DID RECEIVE YOUR FAX AS WELL TODAY. VERY IMPRESIVE I MIGHT ADD. I WONDER WHO WROTE IT FOR YOU? GOOD LUCK IN THE INSURANCE GAME.

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2004, 10:26:26 PM »
Same reply as in the other thread:

LISC,

Glad to see you jump in here!  Hmmm....I did leave a message and phone number for you both times I called.  I guess in an eight hour day it's too busy for you to call back? Especially when you knew from the manufacturer there was a question regarding my order?

As I promised Eric, I deleted the text of my previous post as a favor to him in an effort to relieve tensions -- even though it was completely factual -- and not in the form of any personal attack....just the facts.  A lot of good that did, I see.

Bottom line, I've taken my business elsewhere.  You did not honor the terms of your advertisement -- nor the understanding we had after our first phone call after placing my order -- you know, the one where I brought to your attention in the attached ad that credit cards are welcome, and no mention of "cash price" only?  You had my credit card number and my order -- and chose to not honor it because I wasn't going to pay extra for credit card use...after the fact.

Glad you got the fax ( I guess that means you don't really need -- or expect an email from me).  Yes I wrote it myself.  Speaking of writing -- a helpful hint -- all caps in an email/post makes it look like you're yelling.  Of course, WebTV users have difficulty with that, I'm told.

Your ad I responded to:

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v250/flyandscuba/GA_ad.jpg

BTW from the text of the ad -- it appears you're only passing along one magazine to your buyers, even though it comes from the factory with two...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 10:53:10 PM by flyandscuba »

Offline musician

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 09:30:21 AM »
My dealer (and friend) spoke with Eric yesterday (to tell him our extraction failure problems were cured) and inquired about his orders (placed at three different times).  Delivery is, in the order of orders placed: 1 month, 2 months, 3 months.  After that, Eric couldn't say with certainty since demand is nearly overwhelming.

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 10:50:28 AM »
After the gun rags start publishing their reviews, there will be a rush on the guns.

I own three Seecamps, in fact I would love a Seecamp board being established somewhere. But what helped make Seecamp a cult gun is that gun writers, would from time to time, mention the gun in other articles in passing. That helped educate the public that small pocketguns have a place regardless what your "primary" carry gun is.

Of my three Seecamps, two were bought used, and one new. My first was a 25 ACP. At the time, I never heard of Seecamp. I fell in love with its size and weight. Even though I wasn't a fan of the 25 ACP cartridge, I could see the practical value of a small light pocket gun.

The Rohrbaugh is going to compete with Seecamp, the NAA Guardians, the PPK, the 380 Sig's. I have no dougt that it will do well. I defy anyone to pick-up the Rohrbaugh for 2 minutes and not fall in love with this gun.

My goal for the Rohrbaugh is that it will become my "always" gun. But that doesn't mean that my Guardian 380 is going into retirement. Rather, my Guardian 32 will be carried more. But I love the idea of a 9mm BUG/Always gun. What was a dream, the Rohrbaugh brothers have made into reality.