Author Topic: The Rohrbaugh Slide Removal Technique  (Read 3375 times)

Offline bopper

The Rohrbaugh Slide Removal Technique
« on: January 05, 2010, 06:43:43 PM »
I picked up my second pup while down in Florida to keep down here. After some break-in time at the range I proceeded to take the pup down for a cleaning.  I was without my "tool" kit which was back up North so I tried following the Rohrbaugh directions in the manual. I could not believe how easy it was to push the slide back for pin removal when you use the correct grip. I was even able to do it with one hand! Amazing. No more pvc tool or jamming tool for me!  Still need the pliers though   :-[

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: The Rohrbaugh Slide Removal Technique
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 07:03:20 PM »
bopper:

Welcome to the Forum! And congratulations on TWO R9s.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: The Rohrbaugh Slide Removal Technique
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 09:17:09 PM »
I picked up my second pup while down in Florida to keep down here. After some break-in time at the range I proceeded to take the pup down for a cleaning.  I was without my "tool" kit which was back up North so I tried following the Rohrbaugh directions in the manual. I could not believe how easy it was to push the slide back for pin removal when you use the correct grip. I was even able to do it with one hand! Amazing. No more pvc tool or jamming tool for me!  Still need the pliers though   :-[

That's a good idea.  I carry mine back and forth from NC to Ga.    Looks like you've got the take down now, down pat.

I don't use tools either.  The correct grip is the key.

Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln